Support our Sponsors:

Old 04-28-2014, 03:23 PM

Default Aralon vs. the Shadow Sun

I heard that both these RPG's were great and was planning on purchasing them both, but only one of them for right now. (Since they are massive RPG's) which one do you think I should get first? Also what factors make one more worth while than the other?
Old 04-28-2014, 03:48 PM

aralon was pretty fine, I can't really remember what made me left it, I think the game lacked some things. As for the shadow sun, I haven't played it.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:57 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

They are quite different since Shadow Sun is a western rpg and Aralon being a little more a classic one and each has it's own unique goods. Both are good games. But if you're gonna play both I'd say go with Aralon first. Just because it's easier to get into it.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:10 PM

I don't think aralon has widescreen support, so I believe shadow sun (if your a 5th gen gamer) is your best bet
Old 04-29-2014, 12:47 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

I would go with Aralon first. Wouldn't worry about lack of widescreen. Still a great game (both are)
Old 04-29-2014, 01:49 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Aralon for me,it just lingers in my memory till this day kind of like skyrim.Specially the cities,they had great atmosphere behind them,not to mention the day night cycles really added to the experience.The littly touches like flames,water ripples etc were just mind blowing for it's time.Imo it's still the best rpg on appstore.Shadowsun is good too with a few standout side quests which I won't spoil.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:05 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

There are a lot of things that are sloppy in Aralon. For one thing, the "ending" cutscene is basically accessible half way through the actual story. It doesn't really matter since it doesn't actually end the game, but it's pretty weird.

Also, the hardest part of the game--I've only played on the hardest difficulty, so this may vary--is fairly early on, but if you go and get the right bodyguard NPC, you can pretty much remove all challenge whatsoever until later when he becomes useless and the game doesn't really call for a bodyguard anyway.

There are a lot of other issues, but the game just has a rather unfinished feel to it. It IS fun nonetheless, but I think the main thing that's cool about that game is the world itself whereas the game structure feels very beta.

Shadow Sun, on the other hand, hits most of the industry standard PC/Console expectations and is really only lacking in the amount of content insofar as it is a pretty short game. Aralon's even shorter though and considering Aralon has more and longer dungeon crawls whereas Shadow Sun has a lot more NPC interaction, quest variation and things to do in town, there's certainly a lot more content in Shadow Sun.