Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-25-2014, 06:35 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by niebau View Post
The first months are really tough, aren't they? Since my little girl was half a year old, we could mainly solve the sleep problem by making sure she is very well fed in the evening. Quite baffling how much of a difference this makes.
*grin* Maybe we are unlucky, but for us the first months were the easiest, despite having to get up and feed the little rugrat every two hours or so.
Now at almost 3 years he is just old enough to discover that you can at least try bloody hard to stay awake longer, no matter what your parents want record so far: close to midnight.

In other news, the detail level niebau outlines in his last posts (Holy damage, Hunter types) sounds great, huge step forward from Kingturn.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:05 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Undead Hunter? Sign me up! Wait... the undead in Kingturn were often on your side... please have necromancers...

@aconfusedkinder - the second kid is tough, it's like 10x more work but once they get older and start playing with one another that's more satisfying (they occupy one another).
Old 07-23-2014, 08:58 AM

Not sure how much I can comment publically but the early version of Tactics Maiden is amazing.

Can anyone help me? The Tactics Maiden beta is taking up all my time... my wife wants to leave me, my kids now call the television "dad," and my boss is suspicious of my reduced "productivity."
Old 07-23-2014, 10:50 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Not sure how much I can comment publically but the early version of Tactics Maiden is amazing.

Can anyone help me? The Tactics Maiden beta is taking up all my time... my wife wants to leave me, my kids now call the television "dad," and my boss is suspicious of my reduced "productivity."
I can't thank you guys enough for the countless hours of play testing and the incredible amount of high quality feedback in our beta test social group.

It is an honor and a privilege for me working together with you, and should Tactics Maiden indeed turn out to be 'amazing', then it is certainly thanks to the countless changes based on your suggestions.

Feel free to talk openly about everything we are doing in the beta test social group.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niebau View Post
I can't thank you guys enough for the countless hours of play testing and the incredible amount of high quality feedback in our beta test social group....
Honestly I think we're just doing what we can to delay the release of Tactics Maiden... the world is not ready for it.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:25 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Have to add my 5 cents too, of course:
I'm also part of the betatesting group, and I'm seriously impressed with how polished the game already was before we started, how involved with the testing niebau is as developer, and how much he listens to feedback and hammers our ramblings into improvements for the game.

I'm not digging up the changelogs now, but so far we have had changes in (among others)
- UI (lots of detail tweaking)
- Difficulty ; lots of finetuning
- Gameplay ; some minor, some huge (like completely throwing out the unit training that was a staple for Kingturn and earlier)
- Ingame dialogues
- Unit abilities
- enemy AI

It's a joy to help a developer who is as dedicated as niebau out a bit. Not to mention we got to play a great game a lot earlier
Old 07-23-2014, 02:21 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

This looks great! I'll definitely be picking this up on release
Old 07-31-2014, 02:21 PM

One of the most outstanding things about the early edition of Tactics Maiden is the attention to enemy artifical intelligence, the system seems really sophisticated making smart moves to counter my plays... definitely an accomplishment in mobile gaming as far as smart artifical intelligence goes. The levels are open open with numerous possible moves/strategies but leave it to the computer to somehow out-think me time and again.