Machinarium
Final Fantasy Tactics
Starwars KOTOR
Battle Supremacy
Chrono Trigger
GTA:San Andreas
EPOCH.2
03-07-2014, 07:57 AM
Buy everything interesting to you, put em in the trunk and forget it all. Stick to a runner and the latest twitch. Whenever you need more space, delete the biggest apps. #FirstWorld
03-07-2014, 10:54 AM
Usually three two at most. One game on my iPad to play at home. A simple game play on the go. Maybe a third one sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vii-Lucky View Post
I only play one game then move on to the next

Here is my list

Final Fantasy V (Currently playing)
Castle of Illusion
Warhammer Quest
The World Ends with You
Assasins Creed Pirates
Chaos Rings 2
Clash and Magic
Machinarium
Final Fantasy Tactics
Starwars KOTOR
Battle Supremacy
Chrono Trigger
GTA:San Andreas
EPOCH.2
Great list, but it'll take forever to finish all this.
03-07-2014, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post
I have a huge backlog, that I can't play all games at full completion. Only can play in bite size chunks... Also have a job, so I'm never free. Even on days off I'm working on side projects with people. Maybe when I retire I will just sit down and play games... Or try and spend more time playing games instead of wasting time posting on TA.
Haha..I think I spend more time browsing on TA and other forums instead of actually playing games. =P

Nowadays, I try to limit to 2-3 games at once. I try to limit to one that has longer story (currently working on Mother 3 for the GBA emulator) and 1-2 quicker/arcade-ish/endless runner games that don't have much story.

I make use of the Appshopper wishlist. I use it more to remind me of games that I want to play next, so when I finish with one game, I'll just buy the next thing I want from the wishlist. I don't use the wishlist for price drops that much anymore, since for some reason, I notice I don't play games as much if I buy them after a price drop. Maybe if I pay full price, I'll take the time to try to fully enjoy the game. But if I buy after a price drop, I think since its so cheap, I don't feel bad not finishing and moving on..

Personally, unless I want to support a particular dev, I typically don't see the point in buying so many games and having a huge backlog for myself. I want to enjoy playing games instead of collecting games.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
03-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Due to limited gameplay time, I try to stick to 2-3 games at once, because otherwise I just lose my focus and only play games initially when I buy them and move on before I'm even 10% done.

Do I still buy games? Sure. I have at least 20 games just sitting there waiting for me to play them. Either because I want to support the dev or because of a tempting sale. In a perfect world, I'd have more willpower, but alas, the backlog will just have to keep getting bigger

So yeah, I juggle 2-3 games. Usually one full-fledged RPG, one or two roguelikes, or something I can pick up and play easily. I find due to the lack of serious gaming time, having more than 1-2 big RPG games on the go at the same time gets too overwhelming and I forget either mechanics, or where I was in the story, etc.

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Warhammer: Quest | Endless Depths
Now Playing: Siralim (MY GOTY 2014) | Shattered Planet