Universal Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition by Beamdog

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Locanis

Locanis Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    U.S.A.
    Ok awesome, buying now!

2. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    You must tap the tiny red dot (gem). tapping any other part of the tab will do nothing. I minimized/maximized 5 times to make sure it works. Happy Balduring.

3. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Ok, is it enjoyable on an iPhone 6?

4. Locanis

Locanis Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    U.S.A.
    It's enjoyable on an iPhone 5 since you can use variable zoom, so it should be even better on a 6/6+. I'd say go for it, and they definitely fixed the minimize glitch, first thing I tested.

Not only is it easy to un-minimize as it's got a lot more touch sensitive space, but it's actually harder to minimize it in the first place, as they shrank the minimize button to reduce accidental presses. Running flawlessly for me so far, even got all the extra character packs. They include new areas, though I hope you're not required to use the characters to access the areas, but it's possible you do.

If anyone knows if the new areas can be accessed without needing the characters from the same DLC packs, that would be great information :)

5. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    #385 Ubisububi, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    Not sure which areas you're asking about, but never used any DLC characters, and was able to access all areas.

Edit: each of the purchasable characters will have their own quest line that you can only get if they're in your party. Not an enormous loss, though.

6. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Rite-O, CP43. Gameplay vid please. I'm liking this. But still unsure if I'd like it. Thnx fellas.

7. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    There's a bazillion of them on YouTube...

8. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    0n sale for $5?! Yes please, thank you!

Now if the first one could go back on sale...I bought it once during last sale, but got refund after finding unplayable on iPhone 5 with menu bug. Been hoping for another sale since I got my 6+

9. Ponycakes

Ponycakes Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 27, 2012
    I finally lost the fight, caved, and bought this for my 5S. While it's certainly a challenge on the small screen, I'm only really having trouble with spellcasting. Is there anyway to identify a spell (on the hotbar) other than memorizing the symbol or holding it down?

10. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Hey guys, I just finished BGEE 1 a while ago. I also have BGEE 2 installed. How do I export my character from BGEE 1 from the final save? I can't use iFunbox since i'm on iOS 8.3. Please help

11. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    I believe that if both games are on the ipad it will do it in situ.

12. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    I'm on an iPhone 6. And both games are on the device but nada. I can't transfer the saves to the app since i'm on 8.3. And tapping on import from a savegame on the main menu, it doesn't show any previous savegames from bgee 1. Same thing with importing a character when on the character creation screen

13. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    I guess 8.3 also broke the ability for the apps to dip into each other's files?

14. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Tsk. I love apple but sometimes they get into my nerves lol Hope Beamdog enables file sharing for their games

15. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    A little question to my friends: does this game on Ipad play like the PC version or is it much worse? I'd love to play on Ipad but am worried about a dumbed down version or messed up controls.

What are your thoughts?

16. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    It's the exact same content/graphics, but the interface can be a bit fiddly. I've played it through twice on my iPad, though. And that was before the big patch. You should be fine.

17. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Thanks!

About time to enjoy a true classic, that usually is stated as one of best RPGs ever. lol

18. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    That it is. I played it through twice on my PC back in the day, again when I switched to Mac, and then twice more on the iPad (about 15 years total, lol). Of all of them, I am surprised to say that I enjoyed playing as a Bounty Hunter the best. Weird, I know. The only thing I would suggest is to play just enough of BG1 to pick up the gold pantaloons, and then import that character (the pantaloons will come with him/her).

19. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Ubisububi, what is that?

20. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    A bounty hunter is a thief kit that emphasizes traps. As you level, they get increasingly powerful, allowing you to throw traps and set special traps (at level 21 you can even set traps that maze all in range). When you get to the expansion and are able to start selecting feats, the thief has a "use any item" feat that allows you to wear/use/wield any class specific gear.

It's pretty easy to abuse the traps by saving/reloading, which can be a bummer. But that's ultimately your decision, obviously.