How scary is Dead Space on iDevices?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Curleh Mustache, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    I am just wondering before I bought it. Is it as scary as it is in consoles?

2. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Not a's scary a's consoles, but it'll make you jump once or twice.

3. Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Really? I thought it was going to be scarier.

4. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    not scary at all for me.. and i played at 2am

5. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Yeah im not a really scare easy person.. although papa sangre got me a few times using beats.

6. Java

Java Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    I played it plugged into my stereo system in the dark. It gave me a few good scares as the music builds up, but its not as scary as its console cousins.

Console Versions:
    The second one, I believe is less scary than the first.

7. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    same it got my heart pounding for a sec here and there

8. logical

logical Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Not really scary, just go watch the trailer or gameplay video that will give you an idea.

9. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    What do you think the rating should be?

10. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Not the same as playing it at all. I don't have a huge tolerance for scary stuff so I got pretty freaked out in some parts when playing at night, overall it was pretty good.

11. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    to me on a scale of 1(teletubbies) to 10 (sleepless nights for a week) i would give it a 7 (ocassional scares but no bricks will be shat)

12. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Yeah I HATE i MEAN HATE scary movies even my friend popping out at me when i come out of the bahthroom pisses me off but dead space on the iphone i can play in the dark but consoles lights on baby

13. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    So am I the only one more scared by the iPhone version than the console one? I have Dead Space for my 360 and it only made me jump once, while the iPhone one has gotten me several times with legitimate scares, rather than something popping up at a bad time. Plus those hallucination moments in the iPhone version were pretty freaky.

Trust me, aside from Prisoner 84, this is the scariest game on the device. Get it now.

14. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Play this game in the dark with some quality head phones on..it then becomes scarier than any movie I have ever seen. I'm not sure if you can do that with a console...holding it in your hand, it really turns the experience into something new.

15. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    me too, I played Dead Space on my PC but only made me scared once or twice.. playing this on my iPhone really scared me.. I often feel the necromorph are stalking behind me :eek:

16. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    it has given me one jump moment - but is still an epic game on the touch.

no game has ever come as close to keeping me in a constant state of panic and fear as System Shock 2.

17. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    death scenes would had made it more scary

18. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    I got only one or two scares from Chapter 2 (the white room with those dead corpses on the floor and the fact that you must approach them). But the initial scare dies off. The scares kinda get old and repetitive through the rest of the game. But really enjoyed the game though. Surely in my top 5.

Yeah, there isn't a portable game to date that can compete with the immersive atmosphere consoles provide. And I was playing DS using expensive headphones pumped from a headphone amp. Maybe its just me though. Even Papa Sangre bored the crap out of me after the initial "cool factor" of the first 10 minutes.

19. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    From the moment you get used to enemies, the game stop being scary.

20. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Exactly!! There are some moments that freaked me out, but when actually fighting hordes of enemies, when there is a lock down, well It's not really scary. If anything you're thinking of how best to conserve your ammo.

Don't get me wrong there are plenty of scares in the game, It's just the creatures itself aren't so. Maybe I like phsycological horror more, who knows.