Universal Soul Calibur: Unbreakable Soul (By Namco)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, May 8, 2014.

1. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Sounds like some people in this thread aren't aware that the Dreamcast-like version of SoulCalibur has been available on iOS since Jan 2012... though kinda spendy in my opinion, so I've always settled for the Blade Lords clone by Gameloft, lol.

2. CecilMcW00t

CecilMcW00t Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    I have played a lot of these sorts of games lately... But this one is terrible. Talk about information overload. There are so many symbols and meters on the screen it's ridiculous!

Also, way too many variables for deck editing and leveling up your cards. It's just not intuitive at all and the game doesn't make you want to learn it. It's not fun.

And this is probably just me, but I really dislike how each can use each other's weapons. When I saw Sophitia doing Xianghua animations, that was the final straw and I deleted it. Namco is on a roll lately. :(

3. Chaos_u

Chaos_u Well-Known Member

It seems finally there is a game soft launch on US store, but players don't like it that much

4. coheedrocks27

coheedrocks27 New Member

Jun 11, 2013

Actually link ftl. Way to overpowered

5. elr0y7

elr0y7 Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    #26 elr0y7, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
    The tutorial, omg the tutorial. I LOVE Soul Caliber, so much that I wanted to give this game a chance despite the fact that it was a Pay-to-win game. I loaded it up and after the 10 minutes it took to download files it gave me a long tutorial. I'm not sure how long because I deleted it before it finished. There shouldn't be so many options, stats and buttons in a Soul Caliber game! This thing is an abomination! I just want SC3 on my iPad.

6. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    How do I delete my profile and start new????

7. Hephaestus

Hephaestus Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2014
    #28 Hephaestus, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
    The ring-out mechanic in this game is indescribably stupid. You can't block, dodge, or otherwise avoid it, so you get instantly killed in 1 shot and have to wait 2 hours to fight again.

EDIT: I actually find the game entertaining overall, but the ridiculous instant-kill needs to go.

8. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Anybody know??

9. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I'm up to stage 3-5, and I've only gotten ringed-out once. The main way to avoid it is to keep on the offense if you are getting close to the edge.

10. Hephaestus

Hephaestus Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2014
    I don't see how that's possible since you can't control where you move. It happens to me roughly 30% of the time.

11. Dueler

Dueler Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Sounds like there is a somewhat enjoyable game underneath. Maybe a few updates will iron some of those issues out but it really does look like a fluster cluck. Seeing characters use other character specific animations is completely jarring and I get giving more customisation options to the player but at the cost of making every character in the game essentially the same it kinda defeats the purpose a bit.

12. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    The gameplay itself is actually quite satisfying, but it's trapped under a "pay2win" model that really forces you to buy gems so you can continue when you die if you want to get that far into it.

13. zeratulo

zeratulo Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2014
    So I beat Azenoth but I still have levels locked, any idea how to access them.

14. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    What happened to this one?