Next round of SEGA games announced!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Neidal, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Neidal

Neidal Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Real Estate Property Manager
    Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
    #1 Neidal, Sep 9, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
    Altered Beast, Gunstar Heroes, and Chu Chu Rocket!

October releases...

Chu Chu Rocket will also be releasing on iPad

Altered Beast, (to use an equine analogy) is not one of the thoroughbreds in SEGA's stable...IMHO it's boring and way too short. If SEGA prices above $0.99 this game will tank.

Gunstar Heroes - fantastic Treasure game... But I'm scared of SEGA's emulator process given their previous releases of other frantic fast games like Sonic. The sloppy emulator controls may render the game overly difficult... However I'd like to be optimistic that SEGA can surprise everyone though!

Chu Chu Rocket- features the cutest mice, and great multiplayer! Simple graphics, that will look great on iPhone/ iPad if SEGA does a proper port which it is sounding promising...

I still think that SEGA needs to release more of their brilliant RPGs like Phantasy Star 3 & 4, Shining in the Darkness, Landstalker, Sword of Vermillion etc. But I guess SEGA's iOS team knows better...
    :rolleyes:

2. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Oh goodness... Gunstar Heroes and Chu Chu Rocket?

I constantly look for that one good "Chu Chu" clone, but still haven't found one with the same amount of charm as the actual Chu Chu Rocket. Now Chu Chu Rocket really is coming out. :D

And if Gunstar Heroes is coming, I wonder if Treasure will think about bringing Ikaruga to the App Store (or some of their other games, too). Wishful thinking, I'm sure. But a fanboy can dream, can't he? :)

3. Neidal

Neidal Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Real Estate Property Manager
    Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
    Chu Chu Rocket will feature Game Center, all the original Dreamcast levels and Bluetooth & Wifi multiplayer!
    Could this be a proper SEGA iOS port instead of barebones emulation?
    :eek:
    I hope they include retina display support!

4. Beto_Machado

Beto_Machado Well-Known Member

Please make them drop that emulator! Gunstar Heroes will be horror with that thing!

If they release Streets of Rage 2 in a shitty emulator they deserve to be shot.

5. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    I love Chu Chu Rocket!:D

6. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    No House of the Dead? I know it's not a Genesis game that they could get running in their crappy emulator, but it just seems like the ideal game to port to the iPhone. Just replace the mouse with touch controls like several apps already have, and it's finished. I just hope they finally figure that out before it's too late.

7. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #9 ojtitus, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
    Gunstar Heroes is a classic treasure title hopefully someone from treasure is involved in the port but I really doubt it.

8. NolbertoS

NolbertoS Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    I was hoping that the next Phantasy Star games would be released :(...come on sega, release Shinobi III and Revenge of Shinobi too, and don't forget Strider, while you're at it.

9. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    +10000000 for Shinobi

damn, i would kill somebody for that game on my Ipad! :D

10. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Cosmic Smash please!

This video sums up this great arcade game

11. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I still to this day will pop this in my dreamcast and play a few cosmic buses. Great game, I would love it but really doubt it.

12. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Gunstar Heroes was a great game way back when! Wouldn't mind having it on my ipod now! I'll be getting that for sure!

13. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I would love this but not as much as I would like to see Virtua Cop, actually I'd love them to port Virtua Cop 1 and 2 and House of the Dead 1 and 2 really, they'd make excellent tap to shoot games, I actually joined the sega forums and posted about this ages ago but obviously it fell on deaf ears :(

14. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    I second the motion for Landstalker. That would be great.

15. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Strider was a Capcom game so there's not much chance of Sega releasing that. Luckily I already have a great version of it thanks to Seleuco's mame port!

16. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I think if they released any of the Shinobi games on a decent emulator, I'd get them in a second. Any game where you get to fight the Terminator, Spiderman, Batman, and a form of Godzilla is a great game.

17. miiifan

miiifan Well-Known Member

Does anybody know why they always release Genesis emulator ports of their classics instead of the original arcade version? Is it a case of "we have the Genesis emulator already so it's easier/cheaper to port", or is there some other reason technical or legal reason why they never port the arcade versions?

I would love to see original arcade ports of Outrun and Space Harrier (using accelerometer and touch screen - no d-pad!!) - they would be perfectly suited to the iOS platform.

18. Gunblade1190

Gunblade1190 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    NJ
    That's pretty much the reason. Most of Sega's ports are known to be just be lazy ports. Sonic, golden axe, streets of rage etc were all practically just roms slapped inside of the emulator and released. The games would probably run much better if they actually built the games for the iphone instead of just "emulator + rom = easy money." In order to port the arcade versions, they'd have to build either another emulator or take the original build of the game and build it around the iphone platform. Hopefully Sonic 4 and some of the other games that Sega's planning on releasing in the upcoming few months are built better (besides Gunstar and Altered Beast, which will most likely just be roms on their emulator).