Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-28-2013, 08:11 PM

Wait for it to reach US
Old 01-02-2014, 09:20 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

@Corey - I know the game is in the 'soft launch' phase, I have a few questions. Will the final version include IAP? Pay to win model? Or any pay walls at all? Is there an energy system? I haven't downloaded it, waiting until the new version is out and in the U.S. As a gamer I'm sure your also sick of the freemuim pay walls and IAP junk they have been putting out lately. This looks like n awesome game, I'd play this over clash of clans if the model is right. Any info your able to give would be helpful.

-thanks =) good luck developing this, it's looking awesome so far.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:30 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durduhdur View Post
@Corey - I know the game is in the 'soft launch' phase, I have a few questions. Will the final version include IAP? Pay to win model? Or any pay walls at all? Is there an energy system? I haven't downloaded it, waiting until the new version is out and in the U.S. As a gamer I'm sure your also sick of the freemuim pay walls and IAP junk they have been putting out lately. This looks like n awesome game, I'd play this over clash of clans if the model is right. Any info your able to give would be helpful.

-thanks =) good luck developing this, it's looking awesome so far.
Hi Dur, thanks for your comments and questions.

First I'd suggest wait for V1.2.1 which performs better and stable comparing to the existing version, once it's approved we will release it in US and rest of world.

Here're my answers:

1. IAP, yes, there will be IAPs in the game;

2. Pay to win model -- NEVER! What's even more important/challenging is you can win diamonds (premium currency) in RoK if you have good skills and understanding of the game, in short, you don't need to pay money to get high rankings or achieve victory.

3. Energy system -- The Hero units (that you can control yay ) require time to heal, compared to other games, hero in RoK only takes a few minutes up to 1 hour to revive, and you can switch between them to reduce waiting time.

4. Why do we bother -- the reason behind developing this game is because we as gamers cannot find a game that plays and feels the way we want it, we've enjoyed Clash of Clans for quite a long time, and we are losing patience waiting for new content that we desperately crave for such as Heroes and alliance wars, after months of endless nights and loads of red bulls, here comes the Rise of Kingdoms, which we hope to bring existing "clashers" a whole new experience of strategy combats, heroes and alliance wars

Any feedback is welcome, and we wish every RoKer best of luck in 2014

Last edited by Corey.G; 01-06-2014 at 03:33 AM..
Old 01-06-2014, 04:13 AM

Clone of Clash of Clans.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:19 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Clone of Clash of Clans.
Don't even start that.

Thanks for all the info =) I'll be eagerly waiting for it to come out here.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:22 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I emailed them 2 months ago because it was said to be launching in the states in January. They said it would be a little longer and most likely launch in the middle of February. It's now march and still no game.
They either forgot about us or the game has way to many issues
Old 03-04-2014, 09:08 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingman View Post
I emailed them 2 months ago because it was said to be launching in the states in January. They said it would be a little longer and most likely launch in the middle of February. It's now march and still no game.
They either forgot about us or the game has way to many issues
Hi guys!

Of course we never forget about US gamers, it's an important market if not the most important one, in fact we want to perfect it before publishing it globally.

With the latest V1.3 update out today, the game is much stable right now and offering features such as Revenge, Friends Battles and Global chat.

We are gonna roll out a major update V2.0 late March or early April, featuring a brand new PvE system including boss fights, mercenaries, missions, new heroes to unlock and world exploration. Most importantly, with Alliance related gameplay and preparation for Alliance Wars. The game will be available in US and rest of the world along with V2.0.

However, we're open to suggestions and your input will be very much appreciated.

So in short, we want to get fully prepared for the game to be published in US and rest of the world.

Here is a video about Heroes in RoK:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up