Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-20-2013, 01:53 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

A very slow Hotline Miami, perhaps. I do like the art, but the opening level does nothing but frustrate me. I thought Hotline was fairly over-rated as it was, and taking it down to a tenth of the speed just seems to exacerbate all its problems - "You see a dude! Kill him? Y/N ...you are standing in the wrong place. He sees you. You are dead" just loses a lot of the appeal when it's played out as if you're running through treacle. Not for me, sorry. Uninstalled.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightRooks View Post
A very slow Hotline Miami, perhaps. I do like the art, but the opening level does nothing but frustrate me. I thought Hotline was fairly over-rated as it was, and taking it down to a tenth of the speed just seems to exacerbate all its problems - "You see a dude! Kill him? Y/N ...you are standing in the wrong place. He sees you. You are dead" just loses a lot of the appeal when it's played out as if you're running through treacle. Not for me, sorry. Uninstalled.
I haven't played this yet but this description gave me quite a laugh.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:30 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

I like this game ... Although I was hoping to see more apb reloaded type of action (vehicles, cops, etc.)

Still, I think this is a good buy.... Dual stick controls would be a nice addition.

Edit: Also on iPad retina display character dialogue text is blurry and could use higher resolution fonts

Last edited by eriihine; 12-21-2013 at 03:33 AM..
Old 12-21-2013, 07:19 AM
iPad, iOS 6.x

Can't play this because the screen doesn't rotate, and the game wants to be played with the smart cover pointing up. Seriously?!
Old 12-21-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannythefool View Post
Can't play this because the screen doesn't rotate, and the game wants to be played with the smart cover pointing up. Seriously?!
Yeah that's head wreckin too
Old 12-21-2013, 04:49 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Out in App Store - https://itunes.apple.com/ru/app/id775814775?ign-mpt=uo%3D8
Old 12-21-2013, 06:05 PM

Took me 6 tries to beat the first real level (the one where you take out the Poets), mainly due to my own stupidity. Perhaps I'm getting soft in my old age, but I would have appreciated at least one checkpoint. That said, I found the gameplay quite satisfying -- more early MGS than slow Hotline Miami. I like the emphasis on tactics over reflexes.

What's most impressive, though, is the storytelling. Dante's Inferno is a pretty heady literary source for an action game, and the way the references are weaved in is clever and unobtrusive (you don't need to know the names of fallen angels in Inferno to understand the story, but it's enjoyable if you do). I also get a strong "The Warriors" influence -- which, as it happens, was also based on classical sources. All in all, it makes for an unusually ambitious experience, especially for an iOS spinoff of a PC MMO.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:30 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Sorry I should have said "for a while I lost the ability to play"

I thankfully got that update when it came up and proceeded to play it for days! Just meant it as an example of some great games that were cruelly stolen from me! :P
That's been an issue with every major iOS upgrade ever.

When a major iOS upgrade is released, it comes with new functionality and enhancements, some of which may not play nice with certain games and apps.
It's on the developer to keep up and upgrade their apps, which most of them fortunately does, although it may take some time for some.

I can understand waiting to upgrade for a while, until most games and apps have been updated, but deciding to never upgrade will only mean missing out on way more apps and games than those that will never be compatible, as there really isn't that many.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:08 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Now has a free version with a $1.99 IAP to remove ads
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/apb-retribution-free/id813557973