Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-24-2014, 04:22 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Musgrave View Post
Just head back into Mt Crocus from the south entrance and fork to the upper right. He's in a little room that was empty before.
Thanks, appreciate it! I found him soon after I posted for help, was too engrossed with the game to follow-up! But all done and settled.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:26 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Default Game Impressions

I have to say I enjoyed this one far more than average. First of all its much longer than recent Kemco offerings. I play slower than most, but it should provide 30 hours of gameplay through the post-game.

The dungeons long and involved. While still primarily linear, the treasure "offshoots" aren't the typical dead-end stubs you see in some other Kemco rpgs, but can be quite long and convoluted.

I have found the combat to be fairly tactical as well. Having 5 party members in battle at once just allows for more options than 3- or 4-person battles. Each characters skills are also well differentiated.

You are often forced to make trade-offs in your weapon and armor choices. And the rune gem system even more so. There are 30+ different gems, but each character's rune can only fit 3-4 (depending on configuration). There is no perfect configuration, so its really up to you to set up each character how you like.

In addition to the standard array of optional side quests with middling rewards, the map is dotted with challenge enemies. If you choose to take them on, be prepared for a true challenge -- much more than any of the typical enemies in the region. However, if you can beat them you can get exceptional rewards, including weapons and armor more powerful than anything available in stores or dungeons.

Plot wise its fine. It does delve into each characters past during the story to try and round them out, but there's nothing ground-breaking here.

The magic system could use more fleshing out in my opinion. There's only two branches (white and black) plus a set of spells you unlock by advancing both white and black. Its pretty easy to get everyone maxed in both so there ends up being little differentiation. I almost never used black magic. Sometimes to apply status debuffs, but that's it.

Unless I missed something the title has absolutely nothing to do with anything in the game. I'm still working on post-game, so maybe it shows up there but ... what's up with that?

Overall I would recommend this as one of the better Kemco offerings.