Dead Trigger 2 - (by MADFINGER Games, a.s.)[Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    That does fit the definition of tech demo haha.

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yeah, agree with everything you said Darth. I think the lack of depth/story has a lot to do with small budgets on iOS.

3. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    NOVA 3 a tech demo?

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    [​IMG]

5. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    #285 k1lljoy_89, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    Y'all using my gifs

[​IMG]

6. leonard_dabinski

leonard_dabinski Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    what movie is that black mans gif from?

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Bah humbug.

8. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    lol,

All this talk about Dead Trigger being a tech demo.

No it's not. It was a survival based arena game with a minimal text storyline.

Was Cod zombies or Black ops zombies ever called a tech demo because they are survival based games with no actual dialogue or storyline. Just an environment. Please keep in mind that cod zombies and Black op zombies are imo, a much better game than Dead Trigger but I still like Dead Trigger. I probably played about 14 hours of the game but as people mentioned the game does get stale even though it's one of the nicest looking games and has very smooth mechanics.

I think I might have to join, Connector's, Dead Trigger Defense squad. Overall I am still a fan of Dead Trigger and Madfinger.

9. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Wow... wow... wow. Watch your mouth. If you keep saying such things around you will lose all the respect. COD Zombies has actually a huge storyline, but its not given on a silver platter. Its in form of easter eggs and you must have some knowledge about the WWII Nazi conspiracies. Go on youtube and search for "COD Zombies story". You will be surprised at what you missed in the game.

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Assume someone has no experience of the console version and its Easter eggs.
    In that situation, the ios version it has no story.
    There may be Easter eggs in the iOS but they don't really reveal much story.
    Console version, storyline and depth. iOS version (standalone, exclude console) no, not really.
    Still a good game but still lacks the depth of the console one.

11. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    #291 Darth Nihilus, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    Not the iOS version, it doesn't have a storyline, It gives the same if those 2 games have or don't have storyline, it really doesn't add anything to the games.

IMO in CoD the controls are clunky and not polished at all, the fact that you can't play it without aim-assist proves that, the visuals are ok as well as the animations but not even close to the console version, and there are less maps and a lot smaller than DT's, the gameplay itself is sloooooow and boring, it gets old even faster than DT's, it also has less features than DT.

So the tech demo tag fits other games better than DT.

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    WaW zombies was stellar. BO Zombies was a huge dispointment IMO.

13. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Well, having played both and the console versions, Both ios versions are disappointments for me, I think DT is actually more fun to play on the iDevices.

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I won't deny that the iOS COD zombie games are a far cry from their console parents.

It's a shame, though, because Activision could make a really good game if they just took the controls from Gameloft, animations + assets from the original and just downgraded until they have a version that'll run on A4+ devices. I think A6 generation come come pretty close to the graphics of the console, especially considering that the A6X can do more GFLOPS than the Xbox 360. But noo, they have to go and put their time and resources into a zombie bowling app. :rolleyes:

15. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Even the iOS version has lots of Easter eggs and all references to Nazi conspiracies (which all lead into a big story). I'm not sure about which COD version you're talking here, but I was talking about COD WaW Zombies. The controls are very well done in this one, but I agree that those in BO are terrible.

I'm not sure about which COD Zombies version you're talking about when saying that the gameplay is sloooooow and boring, but definitely not in WaW. Good music + CoD WaW Zombies = adrenaline :D

Maps? Lol. You can't compare maps between TD and CoD Z. Each of the CoD's map is very unique and some are made smaller for a purpose. They offer different gameplay style and they're a different part of the story. Maps in DT have no personality at all.

16. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Who said DT's level/map design was better than CoD zombies?!? Lmao that's ludicrous.

17. We've launched into another flame war, haven't we

18. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Lol uuugh that bowling app.

Me, but I didn't say better, I said CoD Zombies had less and smaller maps, but now that you mention it, I do think DT maps are better.

Both versions are slow and boring, for me at least.

I'm not saying they're small in how much space you have to move, they're small overall, smaller than DT's cause DT also has confined spaces too and huge areas in the same map, I think what gives CoD personality is the sound design, not the maps, the maps are better in DT imo.

19. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Doesn't look like it, everybody's being nice :D

20. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I believe our friend Darth N said it. :p