Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 11:33 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescam View Post
This looks really good! Is it out now on the US app store (Im away from my device)?

Going from F2P to Paid if a tough decision but I hope it pays off for you. I'm struggling with the same problem myself as I'd much rather just charge $.99 to $1.99 for my game and call it a day but as my game's target demo are females 16 to 24 I feel I need to go F2P.
Thank you, the game will be released June 3rd in the US.

As for your F2P concerns; have you considered the Amazon Kindle Store? It might be interesting to look at if you would like to sell a premium game to your target audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Looks great! Can't wait. I think I played something similar on Kongregate? It was really great fun and would love to have a successor/sequel on my phone!
Yes, that's right. The original flash version of 99 Bricks was on Kongregate and had an infamous impossible badge. Good to hear you liked it!
Old 05-21-2014, 12:06 AM
iPad Air

I think the App Store would be a much healthier place for developers if $2.99 were the norm rather than the exception. I hope it works out for you. Although I will surely be buying it, I'm worried that iOS gamers have gotten as stingy as those on Android, and it's going to take some time to reform our expectations on what a mobile game is worth. Are there any data on whether games that are free to download with full game unlocks via IAP do any better than straight premium titles?
Old 05-21-2014, 09:30 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
Although I will surely be buying it, I'm worried that iOS gamers have gotten as stingy as those on Android, and it's going to take some time to reform our expectations on what a mobile game is worth. Are there any data on whether games that are free to download with full game unlocks via IAP do any better than straight premium titles?
We considered the "Free with full unlock IAP" approach. However, we chose against it for the following reasons:

- The app would still be listed in the free charts. Our biggest problem with this is that it would get the image of a F2P game, scaring of a premium target audience.

- We would have to look for the "sweet spot" to introduce a paywall. Introduce this too late and your players might not feel the need to make the purchase as they can enjoy themselves with the free part of the game. Do this too early and you might annoy your players and lose them altogether. Finding the sweet spot is very hard and requires careful analysis and tweaking. One of the reasons we wanted to leave F2P behind is because we realised we didn't have the resources nor the motivation to spend heaps of time on this. We'd rather spend our time making the game as fun as possible from start to finish.

- We think that in this day and age, where iOS gamers have gotten so used to energy systems and pay-to-win models in F2P games, they would be unpleasantly surprised by a monetization model that requires them to pay for a full unlock. Even though it's more like the demo model many gamers are familiar with, we think it might be taken another way.

We don't know of any games on the App Store that implemented this model successfully. We do know of tons of games that are premium and are a huge success. And we'd gladly try to be one of them

Obviously there have been many games that released a lite version for free as well as a full premium version. This used to be very popular, but has become less and less common in recent years. Does anyone have any examples of successful iOS games that have a paywall with a full unlock IAP as their monitization model?
Old 05-29-2014, 10:09 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescam View Post

By the way, who made your trailer? It looks great!
Thanks Jamescam! I made the trailer, was loads of fun
Old 06-03-2014, 01:31 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

It says release date is june 3, so it releases tomorrow?
Old 06-03-2014, 03:27 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Thanks Jamescam! I made the trailer, was loads of fun
And of course big thanks to you Krista!

Quote:
It says release date is june 3, so it releases tomorrow?
Yes the game is out today world wide on iOS! You can download it in App Store.

We're super excited to hear what you think!

Last edited by WeirdBeard; 06-03-2014 at 03:30 AM..
Old 06-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Release thread is here

Closed Thread