Ships - Cosmic War [Screen Transitions]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by CrystalFortress, Jul 1, 2013.

1. CrystalFortress

CrystalFortress Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    I'm currently developing a multi-platform game that will be launched on Windows , OSX , Ubuntu and iOS. Ships is a twin stick shooter with a variety of customization options and features a few areas and about 18 bosses.

Anyway the issue at hand is I just don't know if these transition screens, screens that appear for a few seconds inbetween areas to break up combat are interesting enough.

You can find all 11 warps in this public dropbox folder.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b6ilztotkhpxr59/82yynQOGjy

I would be grateful of any feedback you can give on these screens, which are the best? the worst? any way of improving them?

2. shortandnoisy

shortandnoisy Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    UK
    #2 shortandnoisy, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
    I had a look and thought the best looking ones were Time and Wisdom, and throne I liked least was Fire. If you're looking to make them more interesting, have you thought about animating them, or are they kept static because its not possible/worth it?

Edit: after looking at the screens on my phone, it's harder to tell, since the TA app doesn't do landscape, but you might need to make the text stand out more, especially if its something that needs to be or read or is useful to know

3. CrystalFortress

CrystalFortress Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Sorry I should have mentioned that they are all animated. Their particle effects that emit particles from the center and some out with a given velocity,shape,life,colour and wiggle variables that all the effects.

May just need to increase font size if you are talking about the blurbs at the bottom, if it's a top area code text I don't really know how to make them pop more they already have a nice additive glow around them.

4. shortandnoisy

shortandnoisy Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    UK
    I was mostly talking about the text in the corner, it might just be the size of the screen I'm using, but it's really hard to make out what that says, the centred text is fine and easy enough though.