Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-07-2012, 04:59 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

@ColeDaddy. Sorry you have experienced a crash with the game. Do you have any more details regarding the problems, do you think that the level was over at the point it happened (were you transitioning to the progress screen)?

Also, I cannot see an email about that issue. Could you confirm the email address you sent the message to. I'd hate to think we were missing this sort of feedback!

(You might want to try an under-over approach to the first set of Brackles)

Thank you very much for your thoughts folks.
I'm glad you're enjoying the world of Sir Benfro.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:23 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Welcome to the forum, Gillies! I checked my Outlook and for some reason it was stuck and didn't send. It doesn't matter since the contents of the email were a copy/paste of my post here.

I've since played the game three more times with no incident. I didn't do anything any differently. I'll keep playing/observing letting you know if there are more hiccups. The crashes' occurrences are detailed in my previous post. That should give you a time marker as to When they happened. Let me know if you need more deets.

However, regarding the gameplay, it becomes a bit frustrating with the absence of save points throughout the level as players have to start from the very beginning if they crash into something. Additionally, given the random nature of the appearances of the creatures (which are beautifully rendered, mind you), there is no way short of memorizing the levels, that one can anticipate what comes from where and when. Perhaps the inclusion of a small (radar) map informing us of our progress and of any creatures headed our way? It is difficult making any adjustments on the fly given the current game mechanic where we are committed to the progress of the balloon once we release pressure off of the screen. If we elevate Sir Benfro and all of a sudden an Eggbutt Snaffle (which caused my demise the last two times) comes into view from the right, I can't avoid the durn thang. Thoughts?

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 02-07-2012 at 09:56 PM..
Old 02-08-2012, 04:44 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

@ColeDaddy. The best approach is to keep up speed and swerve, braking only in emergencies. You should be able to avoid all on-coming creatures if you brake-then-rise or brake-then-drop. Sir Benfro is remarkably adept at manoeuvring that balloon.

Thank you for your email. Do you have many open applications on your iPad? The point at the end of the level is when we have the most game content loaded (there are many detailed images) so it may have been a memory issue.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:59 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

One thing I've Noticed is that even the "easy" mode seems to be still a bit difficult. My girls are pretty good with gaming, but even they struggled in the early levels.

Edit: interesting, I just tried yellow leaves and I didn't even get through on beginner mode.

Now I'm not a hardcore gamer but I'm pretty good at gaming, I think if you want to appeal to kids, as well, especially ones that will read the book that's planned, there needs to be a bit more flexibility with the difficulty level.

Also, may be put things like the difficulty in a separate menu (a little cog in the upper side of the screen) as where it is right now doesn't make much sense and initially, I just assumed there was no ability to change the difficulty.

Last edited by andsoitgoes; 02-08-2012 at 02:07 PM..
Old 02-08-2012, 03:09 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Ditto to what andsoitgoes posted above.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:59 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default First Update Now Live

Thank you for all your feedback, it has been very useful.

Sir Benfro's Brilliant Balloon has now been updated on the App Store.
There are a number of changes that deal with the points mentioned here.

- The difficulty settings have been updated, making the earlier levels of the game easier on all settings.
- We have changed the wording of the tutorial and also added a gameplay tip that will be shown if players aren't getting Sir Benfro up to full speed. The fun is definitely being missed if the game is played timidly.
- The crash that ColeDaddy mentioned has been found and fixed.
- It's now a little more obvious where the game settings are!

Please do keep posting any thought you have on the game. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:35 PM

Can't believe this one doesn't get mentioned more around here. It controls like your typical hold to fly game, but it has so much more to offer. The levels are preset, not randomly generated. The levels are beautiful hand-painted worlds. On the normal difficulty the game provides a decent challenge. It tooks me about half a dozen tries to beat the first level.

Its such a joy to play just to see all the great artwork, highly recommended. Great way to spend a buck.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:32 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

can you pls add GC achivements? :> have waited for you to add some for a longe time now :P
Old 05-13-2013, 04:20 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

It's now free! It's worth downloading just for the artstyle and the soundtrack. It's a weird platformer that plays like an endless runner but is level based. While the gameplay is nothing special there are a lot of things to discover in this strange world!
Old 05-13-2013, 05:40 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

Default Game Impressions

What a great game. The art style and atmosphere is excellent - very different from most mobile games. The sounds design is very cool too (actually it's very warm!) and fits the game world perfectly. In the same way that Tiny Wings gives you a nice warm feeling, Sir Benfro's Brilliant Balloon is a joy to play.