Battle Rush - Runner meets PVP

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by guille.com, Jul 10, 2013.

1. guille.com

guille.com Active Member

Aug 19, 2010
    #1 guille.com, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  2. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Looks good but please don't tell me the multiplayer only works with Facebook?! I hope it works with Game Center

3. javiwaitzel

javiwaitzel New Member

Jul 10, 2013
    hahaha no, the game works with Game Center :)
    I'm glad you like it !

4. guille.com

guille.com Active Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Yes, in fact the game only works with game center :p. Why you don't like the games that log-in only with FB?
    We made the game only with gamecenter because we believe that if you own an iOS device it is more likeable that you own a GC account

Cheers,

Guille

5. guille.com

guille.com Active Member

Aug 19, 2010
    We would like to have some feedback of the game, anyone willing to try we have testflight.

Thanks,
    Guille

6. guille.com

guille.com Active Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Change in the release date

Finally the game will be out July 25th

7. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

#7 Cynuyt, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    Yeah, i like it. But i dont found the new feature on this game? Something like Running with friend - zynga

8. guille.com

guille.com Active Member

Aug 19, 2010
    No, in fact the only similitude with running with friends is that is a runner based game :). The gameplay consists in a real time battle where you have to defeat your opponent by attacking him with the red bugs while you try to also collect green bugs that will refill your health bar. To attack your opponent you will have to break a bulls eye marked box that will release the collected bugs and make them hit your opponent. It seems kind of an easy game but to master it you will have to be pretty much strategic and thoughtfull about when and what you do during the battle.

9. javiwaitzel

javiwaitzel New Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Pre release Promo Codes

Hey guys, here are 5 promo code if anyone is willing to try the game
    Our GC accounts are javiiieg , gulle.com and korn90

LFH63KJHE6PK
    JHX7WHE49MXN
    EAMT9FN4M93J
    6W6WAKT6YEPY
    33WJELM4TWRL

Any feedback would be great!
    @javiwaitzel

10. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I've taken the last code: 33WJELM4TWRL

11. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I've played the game for a while. It's so funny, but I don't know why sometimes I can't control my character for a while, so my character loses health. :(

12. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    EAMT9FN4M93J thanks :)

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I got 6W6WAKT6YEPY. Thanks!

Imma eat lunch first, and i'll put imps later.

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The style in this one is pretty good. Controls are swipe left and right to changes lanes, and swipe up to jump. There is no sliding or rolling under anything. There is a transition between "days" that involve a little bit of tilt but it isnt complicated. Kinda like a bonus coin gathering before you start running through a different tileset.

Sounds and visuals are nice, but they get too cute it's kinda annoying. Not exactly a negative, but i dont like them getting too cute.

On the downside, upgrades are priced too high. It helped that you have a starting 5000 coins for initial upgrades, but the succeeding ones are too expensive.

As expected, there are IAPs. One for a doubler for $3, and the rest are coin packs.

There is a multiplayer feature that i cant test yet as there arent a lot of players yet, but i dont think it's pay to win. Sure there are starting boosts that can get you ahead, but they are cheap from what i see and from what i can make in coin gathering mode.

Oh yeah... There are 2 modes. Battle, and Gathering. In battle, it's the untested multiplayer, and Gathering is the singleplayer mode.

Controls are nice, but the ingame elements and environments need more variety to be good. There's only walls you can jump over, and ones you cant. That's it. Need more variety than that. Kinda reminiscent of Tiny Wings, there is a transition between tilesets, but it's just a reskin of the previous area. Not much different except it gets faster.

Transitioning between day and night is a nice touch...

there is good potential in this one, but singleplayer feels a bit dull without much variety in it. We'll see what multiplayer will bring to the table, as that seems like fun.

15. guille.com

guille.com Active Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Hey excellent review of the game! thanks a lot and of course multiplayer is what this game is all about. I Feel the same about the singleplayer mode and about content, i know it's no excuse because you players deserve the best but because we are indies it's kind of difficult for us (and the structure of our company) to have a lot of content in the first release, we are already working on adding more content to the game (adding items you can unlock for the characters-mostly graphics-),adding more obstacles and more variety and even add some kind of 'solo quests' where you can gather and have to fight some bosses.

Thank you very much for the feedback it means a lot to us, if you want to battle add me on GC (guille.com) :)

Cheers,
    Guille (one of the devs)

16. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Thanks you for promote code!
    Ive played this game i when i searching players in GC, it work not good, i cannot found someone.
    I think if the game have some power-ups, it will better than.

17. guille.com

guille.com Active Member

Aug 19, 2010
    maybe it's because the game isn't released yet? Add me on GC and we can try guille.com is my GC username