[20 testers wanted] Working on an Action Game (and more) inspired by Sports Manga

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Doctor_G, Mar 19, 2013.

1. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Depending on what time the chat takes place, I may be at work. So I would be unable to do a voice chat while at work. Therefore, text would be better for me.

2. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    did i miss the bus on this baby?

3. HitStop

HitStop Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    iOS developer
    All right, this sounds really awesome. Sports manga are great for translating into games and the tropes are really established.

I assume this is too close to release for beta testers to be still involved? If not, it sounds right up my alley. Sign me up and I will be more than happy to provide feedback.

4. skeblik

skeblik Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    For me definitely text chat would work better. I just need to know when. I live in the Pacific Coast time zone.

5. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    My schedule is a bit tight atm (just over a month left!:D), but depending on what day and time, I should be able to squeeze either in.

I will say this, based on our PMs, TRB4 and I are pretty simpatico, so if I miss the chat, he's (she's? Sorry, don't want to assume...:eek:;):)) going to say most of what I would say!:D

DBC

6. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Was going to comment on this but forgot...:eek:

The cool thing about the game is it's funny as h3ll even if you aren't familiar with the background (like me:eek::)). If you know what's going on, I would imagine it would be even better!;):D

DBC

7. Doctor_G

Doctor_G Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Singapore
    Haha! I'll post something up here for yall tomorrow.

Allrite man, we're shooting for Tuesday at 8pm Pacific Time.

Thanks skeblik, looks like we're going with chat.

The time's a bit tight but we'll see. Let me PM you.

[​IMG]

HNNNNG

I'll PM you.

Awesome dude we'll use chat then, how's Tuesday at 8pm Pacific Time.?

8. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    #68 TRB4, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
    That sounds great. I am actually in Pacific Time, and 8PM will be right after I finish putting my daughter to bed. So I should be able to attend the entire chat uninterrupted. Looking forward to hearing everyone else's opinions and suggestions.

So will you be emailing or PMing everyone the link to the chat?

Hey DBC, just to let you and everyone else know, I'm a 29 year old male, lol:D

EDIT: I want to challenge everyone to try and get "THE REAL STUDLY" Trophy and take a screenshot of the popup that appears on the bottom of the screen when you achieve it (in case anyone doesn't know, you can take a screenshot by pressing the HOME and SLEEP buttons at the same time). Also, if you could list what upgrades you were using at the time when you did it that would be great. That is the only trophy that I am having trouble getting, but I am going to try very hard to get it before the chat tomorrow night. I am wondering if anyone else can get/has gotten it as well.

9. Doctor_G

Sep 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Singapore
    Yes indeed! We will pm yall the chat details.

Also that's cool dude, you're right smack in between our entire team's ages. We have 2 dads on the team too. :D

10. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Sweet! I hope I can make it to the chat! The game, I can say without much of a spoilers is my favorite auto climber.I beat the first part, and I can't wait to see more content! I'll try to send more feedback via PM. Thanks for the chance!

11. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    I just noticed something that may be a discrepancy or may be intentional, I'm not sure. I was reading the comic again on the Game Show Warriors website and I noticed that at the end of Act 1 Studly is about to face the Mechkinky Kong MK II as seen below:
    [​IMG]

But in the game the Trophies screen indicates that Studly is facing the Mechkinky Kong MK III as seen below:
    [​IMG]

So I was wondering if this was an over sight, or if the comics were from another time (possibly long ago) and Studly really does face off against the Mechkinky Kong MK II and the Mechkinky Kong MK III. Although that would explain why MK III has white hair and MK II does not.

12. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Cool! I'm sure you understand, but with so many gamers out there, I'm growing less and less presumptuous, and thus more and more careful so as not offend anyone.;):)

Yes indeed, I too would like to see who among us is "THE REAL STUDLY!" As you know, it's the only trophy to elude me as well...:eek:;):D

DBC

13. Doctor_G

Sep 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Singapore
    Aaaaand we have Comic 2 that should resolve some of that.. hopefully! If not we always have our beta chat!

We too would like to see! Only 2 of us have actually ever gotten it. :|

I will be sending out Beta chat details by PM! Check your mailboxes in a bit.

We also have a little surprise for all who gave us some really good comments to work on in the beta! And all who are joining in the chat tomorrow. :) More on this over PM too.

14. Doctor_G

Sep 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Singapore
    #74 Doctor_G, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  15. skeblik

skeblik Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    I am very sorry, but I will not be able to attend the chat, as I just realized that I have to be at a class at 8. Dangit.

16. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Very cool...I got let in on the beta last moment thanks to the dev and will submit him a quick initial but let me say ....very original and cool quirky style of gaming going on here...the comic is a plus and art and humor erase any small issues with the game off the top... Guys look out for this!

17. Doctor_G

Sep 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Singapore
    No worries skeblik we'll try and do another one next time :D

Thanks for the comments Trev1 it puts a big smile on our faces :D, what we've put together is actually a big homage to the games/comics/shows that we are fans of. We really hope you can join us for the chat!

18. Doctor_G

Sep 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Singapore
    Sorry for the radio silence guys. I realize I forgot to answer this.

And the answer is... WEDUNNIT. :D