Universal N.Y.Zombies 2 (By Foursaken Media)[Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hen14, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #101 Rip73, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
    Well, that's one I've certainly agreeing with.

Some interesting impressions being left on the game. Some with very good input, some without.

I personally like the game very much. It is a particular type of experience that is quite a lot of fun and challenging.

Some of the impressions are somewhat invalid though and seem to represent about 5 minutes of gameplay which is far from enough of time to formulate a valid impression of the depth, artwork, immersion and satisfaction from playing the game.

I've had two complete play throughs of the beta build and very few games have held my interest long enough to play through a second time (about 5 from a library of hundreds).

This has been purchased and will get more play throughs and that is very rare.

It is not a perfect experience in every way for every player but it ticks a lot more boxes than the vast majority out there and it has key elements that few games have, a lot of character and a personality of its own.

It is far superior to your standard run and gun shoot zombie in head brainless shooter. You need to think about your weapon for each type of mission and plan ahead, strategise maps and be aware of your surroundings rather than the usual simple run around shooter with higher graphics but no soul.

It's very unique for the App Store. And something everybody should at least try. Not all will enjoy it or understand it I suppose but those that do will love it.

By the way, any iap argument against this game, saying unbalanced it or you need iap to finish is complete rubbishing every way.
    Two complete play throughs with no iap, none. None needed. You can chose to use iap but that's your own choice, it won't help you enjoy the game, if anything it will hinder how you play it. So ultimately it is in no way necessary.

2. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

I know I'm wasting my time talking about IAPs, but how does this affect how you play? Not to mention they aren't even consumable IAPs... you can earn plenty of currency in the course of a regular game.

3. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

#103 Foursaken_Media, Oct 25, 2012
    Well, NYZ2 isn't your traditional shooter. We wanted it to be challenging, we wanted a different kind of pace, a different weapon system, etc... Just like with the 1st NYZ, I'm sure some will love it, and some will want a clone of Dead Trigger (which isn't a criticism btw... I think Dead Trigger is quite good at what it is supposed to be!) :p

4. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Hmm been playing for a couple minutes and kinda disappointed with this one so far. Just not clicking with me. Maybe its the graphics and how zombies overlap/walk through each other and walls, but something doesn't seem right(no, I am not a fan of Dead Trigger). The movement and controls feel a bit clunky, and I realize that Foursaken is trying to provide a different kind of shooter, but tap to shoot just doesn't feel right. I probably should play more, and from what I hear from the testers, the level of depth in the game is tremendous, so thats something to look forward to. If people are looking for a different zombie shooter that's incredibly unique in presentation, or were fans of the first, by all means purchase, as this game has MUCH to offer in terms of depth, but if you're only looking for a graphically stunning game look elsewhere.

5. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    #105 Fastbridge, Oct 25, 2012
    Wow. Really? I think it's one of the better App Store games.

6. mystof

mystof New Member

Oct 22, 2012
    I can't find it in the US store. I can only find the original game. Is it out yet?

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    It looks fine. If you must have fancy graphics play dead trigger.

8. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Hasn't shown up in search yet... I think the only way to get it right now is to use the link on the 1st post :)

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I had a quick question: are gold bars attainable through gameplay or only through IAP?

10. mystof

mystof New Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Word. Thanks buddy

11. banger1103

Jun 26, 2011
    Did you not just read my post? I said for THOSE THAT ARE looking for graphically stunning games, look elsewhere. I never said I was one of those people. I said it didn't click with me and perhaps it was the zombies walking through each other and clipping walls and such. And to repeat, I am not a fan of Dead Trigger, which was a graphically stunning game that had no substance, and was quite boring imo.

12. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Through regular gameplay... as you play through a bit, side quests become available which will offer gold, skill points, money, and other things as a reward.

13. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

We do appreciate your impressions, thanks!

14. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #114 Rip73, Oct 25, 2012
    Just to add, it is attainable through missions, as said above, you get a certain amount of gold for some side missions.

But to give an idea of how easy it is to get, on one of my play throughs I decided to see what it took to get a rocket launcher and golden handguns. Both are got with gold so I thought there might be a barrier.

There wasn't. I just played side missions for a period of time rather than continue the campaign.

I'd accumulated enough gold in a time period that I actually didn't notice passing because I just got 'into' the side missions and was having fun.

So essentially, getting gold is very easy.

15. banger1103

Jun 26, 2011
    Yeah I'll keep playing, and as I'm progressing, I am starting to notice the depth of the skill system and the plethora of weapons/armor at your disposal for optimal zombie killing :D

16. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Sweet... Couple of suggestions...

I am not seeing any head shots registered. I remember in NY 1 it equaled pretty much insta kill, am I missing something?

Also, I do not feel that when I click to shoot targets not in line with my gun, that they are getting shot... That happened in #1 as well... Do you have to line up your shot to hit zombies now? It sure seems to take a lot of rounds to down even a basic zombie... But if that's the point, I am still in!

I do not know if it possible, but a "floating" move stick where no matter where you have your finger on the left side of the screen, it becomes the stick to move... I do not know with the emphasis on swiping if that is possible. I caught my self shooting with my left finger just as much as my right....

Love the crows, the dogs, not too far in... Love the masses of zombies... It truly feels like 28 Days Later in the park level, a true challenge.... Even the transition swipe with the zombie hands, the off key piano chord when you select in the menu... Good job on this labor of love so far, hope you guys are rewarded with enough sales!!!

17. Psykikgmr

Psykikgmr Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    God I hope not, and not in the future either. Way too many IOS games get ruined by stupid ass cash IAP. Foursaken Media's other games didn't have it, so I'm glad they don't go down that idiotic path

18. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Thanks for the impressions! There is an accuracy value per weapon, which makes it not perfectly aligned to what you are tapping (by design). Pistol for ex has relatively low accuracy when tapping to shoot/firing from the hip, making it more effective only at close range. However, if you go into iron sights (zoom) your accuracy will increase greatly, allowing you to shoot right down the sights and pretty much hit with pinpoint accracy.

As far as headshots... right now it is pixel perfect accuracy. This means it is harder than you may think to actually hit their head! As long as the enemy has less than 50% health, you can blow their heads off... so with a low level pistol, you'll have to hit them once or twice to "soften them up" for a head shot.

But headshots do seem to be a reoccurring issue, so we're going to be looking into them to make sure everything is working right... perhaps we can make the hit detection much more forgiving...

19. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Well you actually can buy extra money, but its not needed. I agree though, normally I wouldn't buy games that have lame cash based IAP, but this one really doesn't need it...it's really only for cheaters.

Just wondering, if I beat the game on normal and max out a skill set, does that transfer over if I continue on hard?

20. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #120 Rip73, Oct 25, 2012
    Yep.
    Each skill set max can only be reached by a complete play through.
    But each set carries over to the next play through.
    A maxed out character would obviously help greatly in the coop arena.

Plus, its the skill sets that are key to the game, more so than the actual weapons in my play throughs, and they can only be got by playing, not by iap, which is proper balancing.

Getting those character skill sets do have an effect on your play style and strategy in the game and as you progress, its those changes that you'll notice more than anything, so choose wisely.