★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-18-2015, 09:50 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,859
Man, I've been down and out for a few days and just now saw the front page article on TA. Huge shout-out to Jared for the article and Andy for the video. Desert Golfing, for life!
02-29-2016, 10:51 AM
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Well I've been playing this for a couple of years now and I fear I may have at last reached a truly impossible hole.

In the unlikely event that anyone else has reached hole 19491, any ideas!!??

02-29-2016, 01:30 PM
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 2,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotch View Post
Well I've been playing this for a couple of years now and I fear I may have at last reached a truly impossible hole.

In the unlikely event that anyone else has reached hole 19491, any ideas!!??
Can you post a pic?

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
02-29-2016, 02:46 PM
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
Can you post a pic?
Not letting me for some reason. Says successfully uploaded then refuses to post it.
02-29-2016, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotch View Post
Not letting me for some reason. Says successfully uploaded then refuses to post it.
Pics won't load from the app but should be okay from a Mac (or PC). Slide the Shakes has put me right back in the mood for this (again).
02-29-2016, 03:16 PM
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,780
You can also post pics if you log into the TA forums in Safari on your phone.
02-29-2016, 03:43 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotch View Post
Well I've been playing this for a couple of years now and I fear I may have at last reached a truly impossible hole.

In the unlikely event that anyone else has reached hole 19491, any ideas!!??
If you're on Twitter, the developer is somewhat active (@manbearcar) and will probably respond to a query. He's done so in a number of other cases, though the basic gist usually seems to be that every DG run ends eventually since every player is at the mercy of the RNG gods but (in your case) 19491 is an incredible run.

The guy who's #1 on Game Center for DG, whose name escapes me, is also on Twitter and will probably respond with advice or tips.

I may be wrong about this, but I think the sequence of holes is different for each player. Your hole 19491 may be different from someone else's 19491.

DG4Life
02-29-2016, 04:22 PM
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Still no joy with pic. May try uploading to photobucket later as when using safari it requires a URL to post it. Don't think anyone will have any answers though as it's not one of those holes where it turns out you have to bounce the ball back off an object off the right of the screen, it's simply that you don't have enough power to get the ball up the slope to level ground, and as it rolls down it lands in water. I've solved every 'impossible' hole before this one, but after around three hundred attempts I think I might have to admit defeat.

Ah well I've had a good run!
02-29-2016, 04:28 PM
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guise View Post
If you're on Twitter, the developer is somewhat active (@manbearcar) and will probably respond to a query. He's done so in a number of other cases, though the basic gist usually seems to be that every DG run ends eventually since every player is at the mercy of the RNG gods but (in your case) 19491 is an incredible run.

The guy who's #1 on Game Center for DG, whose name escapes me, is also on Twitter and will probably respond with advice or tips.

I may be wrong about this, but I think the sequence of holes is different for each player. Your hole 19491 may be different from someone else's 19491.

DG4Life
Thanks for your reply Guise. Not on twitter unfortunately. I suspect you're right about every run ending eventually. I found a comment online earlier where the developer had admitted a truly impossible hole was a possibility (if that makes sense!)
03-01-2016, 10:10 AM
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Hopefully managed to post a pic of the 'impossible' hole: