★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
05-11-2014, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesbird View Post
Yes it is tilt only. I tried to adapt it to the device features and tilt seemed like the logical move. The problem I have with virtual buttons is that on a small screen they take up too much screen space, your fingers get in the way and you can never tell by feel if you are touching them or not.

Also, the game is compatible with iCade and MFI controllers so if you have either of those then your experience will be better.

- Les
Although I was a bit disappointed in the lack of classic controls (left/right/thrust/fire) I have to agree with the Dev in that they rarely work well on a touchscreen. I would appreciate, however, a way to adjust the tilt sensitivity. The default is a very good all-around setting, but experienced players will want a bit more maneuverability.
05-12-2014, 04:18 AM
Game Impressions

05-12-2014, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesbird View Post
Yes it is tilt only. I tried to adapt it to the device features and tilt seemed like the logical move. The problem I have with virtual buttons is that on a small screen they take up too much screen space, your fingers get in the way and you can never tell by feel if you are touching them or not.
Well works well for lots of other games, they dont get in the way and the whole 'touching them or not' again doesnt matter, virtual buttons work well on manyyyyyy games on iOS. Theres way more virtual button games than tilt.

But fair enough, just reckon you'll get more downloads if its not tilt only
05-12-2014, 09:28 AM
Sanuku, that was brutal. Thanks for uploading that.. after watching I can see all kinds of issues that I need to address. My next update will include the following fixes:

1. Suggested by Ubisububi adding a 2X credit doubler
2. Suggested by Ubisububi adding tilt sensitivity - rotate by tilting less
3. Sanuku video - make projectiles homing so they curve towards the nearest turret enemy, so that aim does not need to be so precise
4. Sanuku video - cut fuel price in half or make ship consume at a lower rate so fuel lasts longer
5. Sanuku video - fix stuck thrust sound when dieing by terrain collision
6. Sanuku video - connect reactor levels to edge of play area so you don't waste fuel hunting enemies that are inside the maze.
7. Suggested by psj3809 - add virtual buttons for left/right/thrust/fire

Any other suggestions?

- Les
05-12-2014, 10:56 AM
Let me see
06-08-2014, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
It is iCade compatible - and MFi.
Wow that's awesome news! The game looks absolutely fantastic can't wait to get home and try it with one of my Icade peripherals
06-10-2014, 03:50 AM
Great game! Very challenging! Excellent physics.
06-10-2014, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by demod1 View Post
Great game! Very challenging! Excellent physics.
Thank you Demod1!
06-11-2014, 10:39 PM
It is like the old "Asteroid" but with steroids
I like that!!
06-12-2014, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3chickenegss View Post
It is like the old "Asteroid" but with steroids
I like that!!
Actually it was inspired by the old classic games Gravitar, Thrust and Lunar Lander. But yeah, the ship is undeniably modeled after Asteroids.

- Les