Universal Swordigo (by Touch Foo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Just beat the game. I hope they do a sequel or something... this game is really pretty incredible.

Took me 9 hours and 30 minutes, but I want more... :(

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    TO ANYONE WHO KNOWS; Just wondering... does the total time include time spent with your device sitting there on pause?

3. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    After 9:19 I finally finished it.

The last guy is ridiculous in a stand up fight. Thank the stars I figured out the little trick to evading his attacks.

Amazing game. Very impressed.

4. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Damn, this game is good. Just beat the mage boss guy and got the 2nd piece of the sword. I noticed that the game auto-equips the best items for you. What happens to your worse weapons, though? Are they gone forever?

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'm enjoying the game a lot, but I'm wondering if others are finding the iCloud save syncing frustratingly inconsistent. Sometimes I switch to my iPhone (or vice versa) and I get some earlier point in my game, not the current progress. In fact I don't think it has ever worked right the first try. I have to fiddle with things and can't figure out what, if anything, makes a difference. Is there a trick to ensuring you get the most recent progress?

6. TimoVihola

TimoVihola Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Creative Director at Mountain Sheep inc
    Great game, has a cool modernized Zelda 2 vibe to it! :)

7. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, I'm having cloud save transferring problems as well... But only on my iPod. Usually have to go in and out of the leader boards, save game select screen, and credits a couple times each before the cloud save downloads. Sometimes that doesn't work, and I'll just start the game, but then soon after I'll just all of a sudden be transferred to the most recent portal, and then the 'transferring cloud save data' screen pops up...

Sometimes I just won't get it no matter what I do, and end up having to just go play on my iPad, or wait til I get home from work before playing... =o/

8. Touch Foo

Touch Foo Well-Known Member

It can take some time for iCloud to actually transfer the save to other devices. If you move the app to background by pressing the home button and then open it again, it will always check if there is a new save to load in iCloud. If you feel like the save doesn't transfer no matter how long you wait, then I would be happy to hear more details about what exactly is happening.

9. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I want this game but I have not played a good side scroller platformer on the iOS you guys saying that this game fixes that?

10. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Where do I see how much time i already spent with the game?

11. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    When I first watched the video I thought "This is Wonder Boy in Monster Land" with cool new graphics. Is this it? If so... Instabuy! But please let me know if it's that way.

12. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Is 1.99 really that much to ask for? Considering how epic the game is...

13. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    I like the graphics, but I feel I would like the game better with some slick 16 bit graphics, anyone agree?

14. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I dunno... It reminds me of playing my old N64... Graphically, that's what it makes me think of... And some of my favorite gaming was done on that N64...

I think there's plenty of old-school retro pixel graphics available in the AppStore... It's definitely nice (for me) to have a platformer not be done with them...

15. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Guys is this really the best platformer? I've yet to find a good side scrolling platformer, is this it?

16. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    I guess I do kind of agree with you. The graphics do remind me of my N64 and it does a good job going against the other sidescrolling platformers. The graphics just seem to be lacking, but not in a bad way.

17. Jordanrracer

Jordanrracer Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Currently -Nothing-
    New York
    I got the game last night. The game is not that bad, but It's not my type of game. 3/5 stars.

18. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    I agree with the post that this game is like a new version of Zelda 2

19. megasiech

megasiech Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    so good this Thread exist...the Trailer never wake my interest before i read here .now i play some levels and understand what the user fascinated ..this game is great and looks nice on Ipad 2.. remember me a bit a 3 D Version of -> Wonderboy 2 "Monster Land" :D

*HRMPf*

20. starcat

starcat Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Why do people insist on asking for spoilers on a forum.. maybe SOME peopel want to figure the game out?