ALL Korg apps 50% off until Dec. 31.

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Just a heads up. If you have an iPad and fancy synths, but don't have iMS-20, you should grab it. It's awesomeness level borders on the ridiculous.

2. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    And Polysix by Korg just arrived at the AppStore today :)

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Polysix seems nice.

4. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
  5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
  6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    iMS-20 is fantastic.

Wish I had the cash on hand for polysix (and the time to play with it...)

7. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Which are must-haves?

8. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    All but Gorillaz version of iElectribe since it comes bundled with a f*ck you if you use these sounds in your own work license.

9. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    My thoughts exactly. Great game though.

10. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Yea ims20 sounds great and really close to the real thing. But it's a PITA to actually make a track with it. I kinda stopped using it..But Korg really stepped up the game with Polysix, 2 synth parts each polyphonic (can do up to 4 voices as chords on the chaos pads for each one wich can make for some really cool stuff using the different scales etc) and one drum part with 8 or so available synths to create your drums. And this time you can actually record and use a decent sequencer, mixer and full automation for all of this, unlike ims20's old school sequencer thing. Lots of effects included of course.

11. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Arrgh. That's what I look out for when buying music apps: restrictive licences. It important because many apps DON'T grant you an exclusive right to use all samples, sounds, etc. as you see fit. Even if you never plan on recording or performing with the app, it could inhibit your ability to share your work gratis.

12. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I'll have to take a look at polysix. The main issue I have with ims-20 is that, like the im-20, it's monosymphonic. Still great for making purposefully early-synth sounding stuff (anyone know if it was used on "Speak and Spell" by Depeche Mode? 'cause I'm pretty sure I just about rxactly replicated a track)...hell, Deutche Americanishe Freudenskraft (sp? ;)) used it...that's pretty early. And if was good enough for KMFDM, well, ya know.

My favorite GUI is still tabletop. It just about exactly replicates how you would set up physical machines, down to pluggin thing into one another in the correct order. Tabletop can actually help someone new to electronic music equipment understand the real, studio equipment.