Zen Bound, Sway, CJS 3.0 issues

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ajd90, Jun 21, 2009.

1. ajd90

ajd90 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Yorkshire, UK
    This could have been covered in another thread but tbh I understand very little about computers and updates and the like so I thought I'd best make a simple thread for me to understand :p

So since installing 3.0 Zen bound and Sway have both suffered from a fair amount of lag and the sound on CJS has become inconsistent. Has anyone else encountered any issues like this with these apps? Would re-installing the apps work (I've already re-booted the phone a few times)? Are these issues arising because they haven't been tested with 3.0 (although I would have thought that these 3 games would have been, especially CJS)?

Thanks in advance for any replies and apologies for needing it spelling out :)

2. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009

Car Jack Streets is that great that it doesn't need to be tested for the OS 3.0. :)

3. ajd90

ajd90 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Yorkshire, UK
    Is that sarcasm? :confused: See I said I was terrible when it came to electronics ;)

4. Spotlight

Jan 10, 2009
  5. ajd90

ajd90 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Yorkshire, UK
  6. Spotlight

Jan 10, 2009
    Problems with few apps. WiFi Trak, for example.
    Let's wait they fix it, reinstall wouldn't help, I think.
    They need to be updated.

7. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    try turning off the audio in the games giving you issues and see if that helps...

8. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I was playing Zen Bound last night and it worked perfectly. Actually, the only 3.0 problem I've had has been wrong icons on new apps.

9. ajd90

ajd90 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Yorkshire, UK
    It's still sluggish for me atm :( I might send an email to secret exit, see if there's anything, or anyone else who's had any issues. I've noticed a problem with space ninja as well, that's also sluggish.

10. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    space ninja runs fine for me, but I notice that my screen flickers sometimes.

11. mek

mek Well-Known Member

I have about 150 apps loaded on my ipod first gen, and about 25 of them are affected by version 3.0
    but to be honest, i have not tested all 150 apps

I kinda regret updating to 3.0..should of waited at least a couple of weeks cause there is no real benefit as of yet, to update, but eventually you will be forced to by future apps and having no backwards compatibility

12. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

We did notice a small performance stutter in Zen Bound and 3.0 release firmware that we didn't come across during our testing with 3.0 beta5. We're still in the process of trying to figure that one out. Once we do, an update will be done. (Unless a firmware update from Apple fixes the issue first ;) )

If anyone out there has an iPhone 3GS and is playing Zen Bound, we're very eager to hear any feedback on how the game looks & performs.

13. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Co-owner and CTO at Color Monkey
    Sweden
    We are aware of the problem and we are working on it. We don't know what's wrong really, as the code snipped for music isn't that lengthy or complicated, in fact, it's from Apple's own example of how to play background music. Sound effects work just fine, but sound effects and music are handled differently.

Since so many apps have the same problem, and the code snippet comes from Apple themselves, we believe it's a bug in 3.0.

14. ajd90

ajd90 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Yorkshire, UK
    Thanks very much for your replies Frand and Anders, they're really appreciated :) Sway is now working fine with the sound turned off, but it's good to know you're looking into it Anders, as I'm a fan of Sway's music :p

15. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    We have found a solution now, need to test it a bit more before we submit it. Hopefully we can submit the update soon.

16. zipper

zipper Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I think cjs is releasing an update to fix 3.0 compatibility issues. Any other games? All my games run fine on 3.0

17. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    The Sway update is finally approved! Let me know if it works (or not) ;)

Cheers

18. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Zen Bound 1.2.2 update has been submitted, and it addresses the frame rate stutter caused by an audio framework change in 3.0 and a couple of other minor issues.

Fingers crossed on how long it takes for approval :)

19. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    It seems like they are back to the normal 1 week or so now, which is about time!

20. ajd90

ajd90 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Yorkshire, UK
    Yeah everything's great now thanks! :D Much appreciated!