App description: Named one of the top ten "Best iPhone Games of 2014" by Apple.

Match Tiles. Cast Spells. Conquer Evil.

Spellfall is a unique tile-matching puzzle game where you cast magical spells to defeat evil monsters. Along the way, you'll master new spells, grow more powerful and acquire new equipment to aid in your fight.

Evil has met its match!

Match 3+ Spell Tiles
Cast Powerful Spells
Defeat Wicked Monsters
Equip Gear & Abilities
Work Your Magic!

Each monster match-up includes an increasingly challenging tile puzzle board. Match three fire tiles to cast a fire spell. Match three water tiles to conjure a water spell. Line up four or more matching tiles to inflict even mightier damage.

Defeat the evil beasts and you'll be rewarded with better weapons, special abilities and magical powers needed to overtake more fierce opponents encountered later in your journey. Cast out the dark spirits and save the world from ruin. Spellfall is a match for the ages.

Play Spellfall today. It's free!

Spellfall is brought to you by Backflip Studios, makers of absurdly fun mobile games like DragonVale, Army of Darkness Defense, Paper Toss, NinJump, Ragdoll Blaster, Strike Knight, Shape Shift & more. Search the App Store for "Backflip Studios" to see all our games. Follow @BackflipStudios on Twitter for game announcements and other updates.

Thanks for playing!
02-19-2015, 06:29 PM
Grey = 2 levels below you
Green = 1 level below
White = your level
Yellow = 1 level higher
Orange = 2 levels higher
Red = 3+ levels higher

It should have the numerical value also
02-20-2015, 08:13 AM
Ah yes. It's so obvious now that you point it out. Thanks.

I regret switching to New Game Plus. I delayed a long time and I wish I had delayed even longer.

02-24-2015, 09:17 AM
So.. Little late in replying, but here is a rundown of abilities:
Regen: + x HP per move
Pain: - x HP per move
Drain: .5% HP returned per point per attack dmg
<element> Drain: As above, but for a specific element.
First Strike: Chance to perform an "enchanted" attack prior to combat (free move)
Extra move: self explanatory* edit below
Crit bonus: chance your attack will be a critical hit (1.5x damage, I think)
Atk/def: self explanatory
Exp boost: sell explanatory
Coin bonus: applies to the value of coins collected in a fight & bonus coins, and victory coins.
Elemental Mastery: def/atk value specific to that element.
Stun: chance to "gain" 1 move for any action in a move. This is regardless of damage & enchanted attack is an extra chance.

I think that covers all current bonuses. Max natural crit is 30% chance.

* extra move chance: 100% = 1 free move, 120% = 1 free move + 20% chance for a second move

Last edited by B.Dobbs; 02-24-2015 at 08:03 PM.
02-25-2015, 07:23 AM
That's very helpful - thank you!
03-10-2015, 10:25 AM
My drain value must be off somewhere. It seems to be fine for the first 100 or so drain. Using the orb (440+ drain) doesn't even have a 1:1 ratio. My math would have had 1:1 at around 200 drain.

It would appear that there are diminishing returns for drain and a 1:1 ratio wouldn't even occur until 600 or more drain.
03-21-2015, 10:06 PM
i've played this games for quite sometime and i think the best armor in this game is any element lorica(except corrupt), because with it skills i could get 100k damage even using a weapon with 21 attack, but i use 3 elemental mastery level 5

my drain 26 and it only drain 14 - 17% damage, but with 100k damage i usually drain about 15k
03-22-2015, 09:30 AM
The past couple of days, the game crashes immediately upon start-up.

If I delete and reinstall, will I lose all my progress?