App description: * Chosen by the AppStore as one of the #BestOf2013 crafting games in 9 countries! *

** Thanks everyone for the bugs reported, we've fixed them and a patch is on the way. Sorry for the troubles! **

Junk Jack X 2.4 is here!

This major patch adds a whole new component to the game: ELECTRONICS! Build complex widgets and contraptions which can interact with the world. In addition to this, the lighting engine has been rewritten and enhanced to support colored lights, which makes the game much more dynamic and fresh looking, with accordingly updated planets which are have even been revamped. The most notable changes can be seen in Terra.
Last but not least weve also added a whole new planet reachable from Seth, named Thetis! Explore this new aquatic world with new monsters, equip pieces, armor, fishes, weapons and new biomes with unique blocks and objects.

Have fun little inventors!

Welcome to Junk Jack X! It is a 2D sandbox where you can explore, build and survive in randomly generated procedural worlds, full of monsters, hidden treasures and beautiful landscapes, now even in multiplayer with friends!

We are glad to deliver you the best Junk Jack experience ever imagined! A sequel which brings the game to a whole new level with multiplayer, multiple planets, creative mode, liquids, plenty of equipment to customize your character and much more! Plus all the features you loved from Junk Jack (and, we hope, less features you hated!)

This is not a freemium game, buy it once and enjoy the full game experience!

Features:
- local multiplayer up to 4 players and online multiplayer up to 2 players
- a creative mode to unleash your creativity and build everything you can imagine
- a fully featured equip system with more than 400 different wearable items to enhance your adventures or just to make your friends envy!
- polished pixel graphics, full retina support
- a fully fledged electronics engine allows the creation of complex widgets, even complete CPUs!
- tenths of wonderful music tracks by Bright Primate
- intuitive controls: swipe to move and tap to interact with everything
- an adventure mode that will let you travel between 9 multiple planets with different and intriguing environments
- liquids to enhance or impede your explorations: avoid dangerous lava or go for a swim in a surface lake!
- infinite procedurally generated worlds to make every adventure always different
- a dynamic day/night cycle that blends with wonderful skies in parallax
- a vibrant coloured lighting engine that will make you enjoy every minute spent in Junk Jack X worlds
- character customization, you can play also as a female!
- a rewarding exploration thanks to treasure chests full of cool things
- tamable dogs, cats and many other animals that will follow you around
- more than 1000 crafts to be built
- more than 2000 treasures
- more than 420 placeable items
- more than 250 different creatures and monsters
- explosives, shelves, signs, dyes and all the features you liked in Junk Jack
- a complete farming system with more than 70 plants, even many alien and exotic plants
- an in game guide that will teach you how to play
- two ways of crafting to accommodate even needs of casual users

This is just the beginning, we already have many ideas for the next updates!
For every issue just contact us on our forum at forum.pixbits.com
05-25-2015, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveFoot View Post
Terraria is different. Terraria focuses much more on combat, with bosses and such. JJx focuses more on exploration and building.
Ahh I see, thanks! Hmm tough choice. What's your opinion?

Quote:
Yes, you can still exit to clear mobs, if you don't like that it takes away the challenge don't do it.
Easier said than done hahah
05-25-2015, 03:11 PM
Im trying to play this on a 6 plus, but can't start a new game. I try to tap on the icon but nothing happens. If I tap on a random part of the screen it will sometimes take me to the options menu. It's almost like the tap detection boxes are way off. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
05-26-2015, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpua View Post
Im trying to play this on a 6 plus, but can't start a new game. I try to tap on the icon but nothing happens. If I tap on a random part of the screen it will sometimes take me to the options menu. It's almost like the tap detection boxes are way off. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
The problem is related to the iphone 6 plus zoom mode. If you disable that it will provide you with a temporary fix until the next patch comes out.
05-26-2015, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar123967 View Post
Ahh I see, thanks! Hmm tough choice. What's your opinion?
Between the two, JJX has held onto me longer. Kids/work/etc. take up a lot of what used to be gaming time, and JJX works better in short bursts.

Building is very fiddly in Terraria IMHO. Aside from building houses for the NPCs, I don't think I did any building at all in that game. It's also a bit hard to see on the iPhone. On the other hand, they really nailed the UI for touchscreen, I liked it a lot better than I was expecting. Now I prefer it to the PC version. It's got a defined world with set biomes and bosses, and the combat can be very exciting. When you beat everything the game kinda feels over though.

I find the exploration in Junk Jack to be a lot more fun, and I also like crafting by placing items in the grid, smelting ore, etc. It's a much more relaxed game, and world-jumping works well - I've got a world named "tool shed" where I do all my storage/crafting/etc. It's controls are very well done for touch screen, but combat is pretty minimal. Often I turn on peaceful mode so I can just dig & build. Another good alternative is the 'longer days' which reduces enemy spawning a bit. While it starts out more generic/random, there is so much more to discover and do, but mostly if you're interested in crafting/building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
05-26-2015, 09:58 PM
Yeah, I agree with Drelbs. Even if JJx was never updated again I'd still play it every once in a while. Terraria on the other hand, I binged for two weeks until I beat all the bosses and now haven't touched in months. I will admit whacking mobs with a sword can grow tiresome in JJx, and it's still kinda fun to go crazy with a flamethrower in Terraria, but that's not that big an attraction for me.

They did a good job with the overall controls for iOS Terraria, but building is kinda terrible. The blocks are so tiny on a touchscreen. And they added a delay to placing, to prevent you from placing if you accidentally touch the screen, but that only annoyed me.

Last edited by TwelveFoot; 05-26-2015 at 10:01 PM.
05-27-2015, 01:07 AM
Hmm I think I'll side with jjx now then. I would like to request some more combat features to the devs though