warning! many scam apps released for christmas holiday

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dammskog, Dec 21, 2012.

1. dammskog

dammskog Member

Dec 18, 2010
    we have already seen three scam apps from the same developer today and now another has released the exlclusive version of Halo 4 on iOS. yah, right....

http://appshopper.com/games/halo-4-2

whats different this time is that the game has a high rating to lure unknowing consumers. it has an average of 4,5 out of 207 reviews.

Please all, make sure to inform your friends and family that there are many scam apps on the app store right now. Many try to fool people during christmas since the app store is not moderated during christmas giving scammers a window of nearly 2 weeks to fool ios users. Say that if they are unsure they should ask you if the app is ok to buy.

2. Oliver Splash

Oliver Splash Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Already knew this when i saw it on Appshopper, but thanks for warning the people that don't know. Happy Holidays! :)

3. Respox

Respox Active Member

Sep 4, 2012
    If it can get this bad on iOS, it must be terrible for Android users to have to deal with this stuff constantly.

4. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    If people think that Halo or Far Cry would actually be ported to iOS...they kinda deserve to be scammed.

5. dammskog

dammskog Member

Dec 18, 2010
    since it is very bad on the chrome app store I guess it is worse on android stores as well.

6. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    No one ever deserves to be scammed. Apple should be embarrassed that they let these things get to the store especially given. Some of the original apps they deny for goofy reasons. What's the point of the approval process?

7. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Not if you use common sense.

8. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I guess some people just dont have the sense of "this looks kinda fishy".

What's even more sad is that people continue to buy it despite 1 star reviews calling it out as a scam.

People just don't learn dont they?

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Natural selection. If you don't make mistakes, you'll never learn. If you DO make mistakes and still don't learn, you can't complain when a piano lands on your head.

10. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I agree. Nobody deserves to be scammed. Although I wouldn't mind if some adult apps came down the pipe during Dec. but that' just me. I don't care if they get pulled after I get 'em! Heh-heh!

11. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    could say that to the normal tech geek. but for the unknowning kids that want it for a gift from there non-techy parents to buy its not good for anyone to get ripped off.