Bird Shot - Physics Puzzle Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TickledPinkGames, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Hello Touch Arcade forum members! We are in the process of creating a physics based puzzle game where you get to shoot down annoying birds with your slingshot and a bunch of cool weapons. Yes it sounds like Angry Birds... but no it's not a clone! It's actually based on the fact that we are starting to get annoyed of all the birds on our iPhones. They are everywhere and you really can't escape them! We need revenge... and it feels so good hitting these birds with our stones, exploding them with our bombs, and even setting them on fire with our fireballs.

We are probably just over halfway through development so we don't have THAT much to show but will soon. We do need your help though! We aren't set on a name but have a couple of options.

Option 1 - Bird Shot

Option 2 - Fowls

Option 3 - ??? suggestions ???

Help us pick a name!

Thanks to the awesomest iPhone community around!! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We are also looking for beta testers so please send us a PM if you'd like to join us.

2. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    The landscape screenshot (second from the top) looks absolutely awesome.

I like the idea, but the interesting landscapes are really selling it me. It looks almost like a Salvador Dali painting, where the landscape is simply melting in on itself and twisting out in winding dimensional spring.

Keep that in.

3. Thanks Nullroar. During actual gameplay the background is that same style.

Any preferences on names? Or ideas of your own?

We'd love to hear 'em!

4. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Looks interesting. Keep it up! :D

5. Thanks triggywiggy. Any input on the name? We're looking to finalize it so we can do some nice title art.

Please TouchArcade some feedback on names would be so helpful! Or ideas of your own would be awesome, if we pick your name you could even get a mention in the credits :)

6. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    How about Fowl Shot?

Actually I think Bird Shot fits - although it sounds a little unimaginative.

7. Hey Fowl Shot sounds pretty good actually :) I never even thought of it - apparently we were being unimaginative! I agree Bird Shot sounds a little too generic. Fowls sounded a little too scientific or boring to me, but Fowl Shot sounds pretty cool. Thanks Echoseven! Looks like you might get some credit for that one unless there are any better ideas!

8. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Psch, no such thing as a better idea than mine! :p

Actually, if I may make a suggestion - I'd love to be able to shoot down the birds from Angry Birds, or Tiny Wings, or whatever other birdy franchises there are. ^.^

9. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Birds down.
    Falling birds.
    iShot Birds.

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Birds on Hills :p

11. Ahh now that you can get credit everyone has an idea ;) Just kidding - they are all much appreciated ideas!

I like Falling Birds as that is what they do in the game after you shoot them. Also it kind of doubles as a metaphor that this bird empire on the iPhone has to fall one day, although probably no one else will look so deeply into it!

The hills actually aren't a very large part of gameplay so Birds on Hills probably wouldn't work.

So far I am still liking Fowl Shot. And I love the idea of shooting down birds from other bird franchises, maybe just in a bonus level. You're right Echoseven you have some pretty sweet ideas!! You'll have to keep an eye on us as we progress to give us more good ones :)

12. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Don't Touch My Birdie.
    :D

13. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle

I definitely will, you guys look very promising! (and not just because you like my ideas :p)

I was actually thinking Fowl Shot also because it sounds like "Foul Shot" which is exactly what you could be described as doing - taking potshots at birds. ^.^

14. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Watch Out For Birds
    The Birds Are Falling
    Shoot That Fowl

I don't know I think the name would sound boring if it's simple. I bet Fowl Shot fits the gameplay, but maybe have it with a little inspiration added?

Shot of Fowl
    Fowl Shot: The Falling Birds

Or something.

15. Hey thanks for all the ideas guys it really is helpful. I kind of like Shoot that Fowl as well. I didn't even realize the "Foul Shot" pun until later. I'm not sure if that'll be a good thing or not. It is sort of like taking a foul shot... perhaps if the basket was moving and there were a bunch of obstacles between you and the basket! Either way, we are still liking the ring of "Fowl Shot" the best and I'm working on the title now.

I'll have to think more about adding a subtitle. I did that with my last game, One Man Army: Chain Reaction and I don't think many people remembered the Chain Reaction part, although it wasn't even part of the official title on the app store.

LOLavi, if we do add a subtitle I think I like "Or Something." the best :)

We'll be back with a teaser shortly - until then THANKS!

16. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Fowl Shot
    or something

:D

17. TomID

TomID Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Shoot The Birds :)