iPad Asphalt 6: Adrenaline - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 20, 2010.

1. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    I assume this update is along the same lines as when they updated the hd version to take advantage of the ipad 2 ?

2. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#222 Habakuk, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011

FREE again!

Best sale ever!

My favorite video game of all times, especially the local multiplayer option!

Don't miss that, folks!

(Sounds like Asphalt 7 will show up next week or so. Finally.)

Wrote an article on Asphalt 6, it's German-language but you'll find all lists with tracks and cars and some links with tips.

3. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    It's cool when you have people who tell you when stuff is free!
    Thanks mate!

4. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    the new asphalt 6 update added 2 new cars. the size on the device which was already too big before the update (1GB) is now near 1.5GB!

this is the most disgraceful update i have seen in a while. basically the game doubled in size since its initial release and, imho, with no real justification.

thank you gameloft :mad:

5. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    The Asphalt 7 rumour? Any source or link.
    I'm not doubting you, I'd just be glad to see a new one because I have 6 since day one launch and would like to see some new cars and tracks.

6. EfratBarTal

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    #226 EfratBarTal, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
    that A7 rumor post is from roughly 4 months ago. obviously, asphalt 7 didn't happen the week following that post. :)

update on A6 on my device: sadly, i deleted it. yeah, A6 is my favorite iOS racer and i do support gameloft's intentions on making this game perform better on new iPads, but for me it was just investing 500MBs into something that has no real compensation. and these 100s of MBs are scarce on my device. in a way this is my fault, i had to get the 16GB model. next time i buy an ios device, it will have no less than 64GBs.

7. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Ah, fair enough. Never looked at date of the post, my bad.

8. Habakuk

It was a wrong expectation by me, sorry. Based on the fact as it was all the same with Asphalt 4, 5 and 6: One week before the launch of a new version (always in December ready for xmas) the previous version went free. So I thought it would be "natural" that A7 would show up in Dec '11. But: Nothing until now.

And correct: The iPad retina update of A6 needs another update.

9. Habakuk

Sorry for quoting myself. The update for the best consumer video game of all times and of all soft- and hardware platforms is out (two minutes ago):

What's new in the HD version:

iPhone/iPod touch:

Finally. Thanks, Gameloft! Four weeks without Asphalt 6 on iPad 3 was a pain. Downloading…

10. Habakuk

Game Impressions

Installed the recent update on iPad 3 (4G/64, iOS 5.1.1), made a reboot before starting Asphalt 6: Adrenaline. Old habits. Played two races.

It's okay now. Very well playable. When the framerate was let's say 70% of optimum before—now it's about 90-95%. Keep in mind that the game is full of the fastest action possible. Looks really great! Not tested multiplayer and other functions yet. Will test iPad 1 as well. Made some screenshots for you:

[​IMG]

iPad 3 retina full size screenshot:
    http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/633/asphalt6ipad3retinah.png

+ + +

[​IMG]

iPad 3 retina full size screenshot:
    http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/1930/asphalt6ipad3retinacham.png

Now I know why I bought an iPad 3.

11. EfratBarTal

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    what is the current app size when on the device? cuz i remember deleting the game after the previous update since it made the game about 500mbs bigger (was about 1.5GB in total)

12. Habakuk

#232 Habakuk, May 10, 2012
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
    1.7 GB on iPad orig. and iPad 3rd gen. and 1.0 GB on iPhone 4. The only iOS game that I never deleted (I have it on ALL my iOS devices AND Mac since it came out).

13. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    I like this game enough that I won’t update to this version! It has gotten too big to fit in my iPad 2’s free space. If I update it, I’ll be forced to delete it before long.

I’d love some magical compression to be devised to give retina textures without the penalty in storage space. Oh well :)

I NEED a 128GB iPad! Some day...

14. EfratBarTal

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    oh nice, its back to the sane size. :D thanks

15. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    I suppose you didn't had it on your iPad 3 due to performance issues, right?
    Because the update before the latest one already added Retina support for the new iPad. Just checking! ;)

It wasn't that terrible but I do agree it lost it's fluid feel a bit. Haven't tried the latest update so glad to hear the performance has improved noticably.

16. Habakuk

I had it on my iPad 3 (read my lips: I'll NEVER will delete Asphalt 6 [until Asphalt 7 comes out naturally]) but I didn't play it for seven weeks (yes, seven weeks—not four). Because when you were used to the perfect framerate on iPad 2 before the FIRST iPad 3 retina update then it was a pity. Still playable, yes, but not so good as usual.

The first retina update was BEFORE the iPad 3 came out so Gameloft couldn't had have a device for testing. Now after the second update it's okay again.

It's not 100% 60fps on iPad 3 still but 90-95%. I am pretty sure that the recent update runs with 100% 60fps on iPad 2 (but I can't test because I sold my iPad 2 two weeks ago). Almost the same story as with N.O.V.A. 3 by the same dev. (which seems to run better on iPad 2).

BTW: Tested the recent update with iPad 1. It's all okay like before. There are some more and new items on the streets (like the forklift in Nassau/Bahamas). Tested Bluetooth multiplayer (iPad 1 + 3): All okay rock solid as usual. A blast like before! Asphalt still alive! Tested TV out (via Apple TV 2nd gen. 720p): The same like RR2 (we are using it only for AUDIO out on multiplayer) on TV: NEVER 60fps and no retina.

Very good to know that Gameloft cares about it's old games. For some friends and me personally Asphalt 6 is the best computer game of all times (and I own 6,000+ iOS games), I described that here a bit (under the list).

Wishlist: Asphalt 7 or ONE new track please.

17. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Having a strange issue since the last update...I can't wreak, my car won't wreak and I can't knock out any other cars no matter what I do. Anyone else having this issue? Running on iPhone 4s with the latest iOS update. I've tried doing all the usual things like clearing the memory and doing a hard reset but nothing seems to help. I really don't want to reinstall and lose all my progress...any thoughts? Thanks

18. kolokoy32

kolokoy32 Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    I just recently installed this game... yeah... I can't wreck any car...

I've read that you have 1GB of file size, but from my download, it is only 590mb of size...

:(

19. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Just give me Asphalt 7 already Gameloft....

20. Habakuk

??? The gameplay is like before the last update. I can wreck others and wreck my own car. iPad 1 and iPad 3.