★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
04-26-2013, 08:23 AM
I saw the promo video and i think the energy timers are a huge detractor in this game.. You have to wait for your energy to refill or pay premium currency to have it refilled.
04-26-2013, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusjr98 View Post
I'll give it 2 weeks, a month tops, for the price drop. I'll admit the Dino Cap games are pretty solid, obviously "inspired by" that other game we all know of, but still solid.
What "that other game" are you talking about?

=>> HEY YOU! Why own an iPad if you haven't played CRABITRON? <<=

Playing: Corridor Z, Goblin Sword, Lost Toys, Duet Game, Layton Brother, Threes!, Solomon's Keep, Crabitron, Punch Quest, IB3, Sword & Sworcery (Recommend them all!)

04-26-2013, 08:46 AM
This looks....uh oh, Triniti made it, never mind. I hate their generic games, ever since they first put out that 500 games in 1 app or whatever it was, in the early days of iOS.
04-26-2013, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squashy View Post
What "that other game" are you talking about?
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm? I think he is referring to the Zombieville USA series by Mika Mobile.
04-26-2013, 09:14 AM
From the few rounds I've tried..it's decently fun and what we've come to expect from Triniti games (which I've usually had fun with). It feels just like Zombieville 2 right now, but with different missions. There's survive for time limit, kill x number of zombies, protect something for time limit. There looks to be other type of missions as well..and while I'm not sure how varied they are, it's a nice change from the lack of missions in Zombieville 2. There looks to be a decent number of weapons with the usual upgrade system. I haven't played long enough to see how varied the enemies are yet.

One negative is it looks like you always need to have Internet connection to even get to the main menu screen. I tried turning airplane mode on, an it wouldn't even get to the main menu screen. The level loading times feels long too.

Otherwise, the game is decently fun, and exactly what you expect from. Thanks for the promo code.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
04-26-2013, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel_Gamer View Post
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm? I think he is referring to the Zombieville USA series by Mika Mobile.
OH THAT OTHER GAME!

Now that you mention it, they do feel very similar

=>> HEY YOU! Why own an iPad if you haven't played CRABITRON? <<=

Playing: Corridor Z, Goblin Sword, Lost Toys, Duet Game, Layton Brother, Threes!, Solomon's Keep, Crabitron, Punch Quest, IB3, Sword & Sworcery (Recommend them all!)
04-26-2013, 03:32 PM
Does this game have leaderboards? Thx!
04-26-2013, 03:34 PM
The graphics are really crisp and neat.. The explosions are fantastic too