Good Xbox 360 Games?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jacob007, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    So, I've bought my two sons an Xbox 360 for Christmas and I need some good games to go with it. They can be any rating and from any time. I have one ordered as of now, which is the new Tomb Raider game.

I know I'm a bit late with the whole Xbox fad, but I think they'll enjoy it up until the 360 gets really outdated. It still has a bit to go before it runs its river dry imo.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    You're really spoiled for choice here. Some of the highlights...

Forza 3 (they went downhill after that), Gears of War, Max Payne 3, Fallout 3, Skyrim, Borderlands 2, Skate 3, Rock Band (and instruments), Mass Effect, Dark Souls, Sonic Generations, Assassin's Creed 2/Black Flag, Far Cry 3, Bioshock, Ninja Gaiden 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Red Dead Redemption, Dead Space, Portal 2, Rayman Origins, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Batman: Arkham City, Mirror's Edge, The Orange Box, Grand Theft Auto V.

I didn't elaborate much given the length of the list, but I can tell you more about any of the games if you want to know.

3. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Skylanders is a good one, itcan get v expensive though collecting all the figures but you can get the first series ones quite cheap now.

4. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    If your kids are old enough to play tomb raider then they most likely would not play sky landers or Disney's take on it with the infinity stuff. Borderlands 2 game of the year edition and GTA 5 are excellent.

5. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Rayman Origins and Legends
    Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
    Rockband and Guitar Hero games are excellent fun to play as a family and you can often buy them for really cheap now. Just Dance is great too, if your kids like dancing.

6. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Shadow Complex
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

7. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    #7 Mene, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
    I'm on my fourth xbox 360 now and it's my most used console, I have about 20 digital games and 87 boxed games in my collection.

in no order, some faves

Diablo 3
    F1 2013
    Borderlands 1-2
    Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning
    Skyrim
    Fable 2
    Xcom:Enemy Unknown
    Forza 4
    Just Cause 2
    Minecraft

Sadly some of my most fave games are rated 18 which won't be suitable probably.

Ie:-

Far Cry 3
    GTA V
    The Saboteur (vastly underrated awesome game)
    Red Dead Redemption
    Mafia 2

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I like Forza Horizon a lot more than any of the sim ones. Great game.

As far as downloads, my favorite by far is Trials Evolution (and Trials HD before, but there's probably not a lot of reason to get both - get Evo!)

9. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Platinum Games made some really great games for the system.

Vanquish is the best TPS I've ever played. Bayonetta is good but I'm not sure if it is really kid friendly. I've also heard good things about Metal Gear Rising.

10. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Red Faction guerilla is great.

11. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Portal 2 is sooo good. Highly recommended.

12. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    I would simply buy some Gold Subcription for the console. And let them run wild downloading demos. Then if they the next day are playing like crazy on a certain game, get them that one either as download or retail. :)

Two controllers and Gears of War split screen or fights in Bomberman is gold though. Actually if they are into action RPGs get them Sacred 2 (not a perfect game at all, but I still spent 200+ hours on it with my GF ages ago). All 3 games mentioned are cheap and can be played co-op. :)

13. susandejura

susandejura New Member

Dec 3, 2013
    agree, i love this portal 2 as well

14. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    These really are the highlights of XBLA, along with the Trials games.