Any RPG's with a good storyline?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Nirewan, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Nirewan

Nirewan New Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Well preferably i want an RPG kind of game with a good storyline and well if it can be good graphics,easy controls and that u can costumize ur character(looks,skills and stuffs), a game where appart from completing quests u can explore cities etc.
    I dont mind paid or free
    Mainly rpg wit good addictive storyline
    Thx

2. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Aralon.
    When I first bought it I was hooked for weeks.

3. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Aralon is great, also check out Avadon.

4. Nirewan

Nirewan New Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Ive just got aralon, been playing for a while and seems like the kind of game i was lookin for :D
    I still want more games tho hahaha

5. TinkyWinky

TinkyWinky Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    BBC Studio
  6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Well, if you're talking only storyline, I'd say the first Ash is great. Solid storyline and filled with lots of humor.

7. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Off the top of my head:

- Inotia 3.
    - Queen's Crown.

Both offer great stories and the gameplay itself is solid for both.

8. koyut

koyut Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Any specific RPG preference? JRPG/KRPG/Western RPG?

9. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #9 violentv, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
    lol..wait...what?! Aralon is great in eh...certain ways but which part of the story is good?! The paper thin overarching plot, the lack of lore, the anti climatic ending or the non existent character development?

I strongly recommend Avadon if you are looking for a western RPG with a good plot, narrative, lore and writing. For JRPGs, Chaos Rings II has a relatively decent plot and as awp69 mentioned... ASH is pretty good as well. I don't think there are any krpgs with good plots since they are mobile phone based RPGs which are not story driven at all. What they do have though are lots of customization, action and never ending supplies of fetch quests.

10. Nirewan

Nirewan New Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Well i just played aralon today, so i judged what i had seen so far. Ive played a bit more and well its a nice game but im not sure itll be the kind of game thatll have me "obssesed" hahaha
    Ill try the rest of the games. And well zenonia , ive PlayEd em theyre fun but it , affter quite a long time, got me bored

11. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Aralon gets my thumbs up. But storywise it's kinda average. Shantae is good if you like metroidvania type rpgs

12. bighi

bighi Member

Jan 2, 2011
    #12 bighi, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
    Oh my god, I'm dying on the inside. This next generation of kids is DOOMED. Next they'll say the Resident Evil movies have great stories too.

All of the Zenonias and Inotias and similar games have stories as deep as Super Mario World.

The truth is: not many games on the iOS have great stories. I have yet to find one, actually. But there are some with mediocre-almost-good stories, like Ash.

Unfornately Ash is always crashing when I try to fight the first Dragon, so I won't recommend it.

13. bighi

bighi Member

Jan 2, 2011
    -- double post, sorry --

14. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Fall of Angels
    Sword & Earrings (Sw&Ear)

15. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    None of the action RPGs (Zenonia, Inotia, Aralon, Dungeon Hunter, etc.) on the iOS have good stories, so don't look there. A few JRPGs that have pretty decent plots are Ash, Crimson Gem Saga, and Chaos Rings (1 + 2 + Omega). If you're looking for "good" storylines, you're probably going to want to check out a different genre, on the iOS at least.

16. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Ash does have an excellent plot.

17. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I think they really messed up with the second game though. Something tells me we'll never see a finished game. We might not even see the 2nd sixth of the game. Sales were awful for Ash II.

18. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Chrono Trigger. It's easily one of my top RPG's on ANY console, and easily the best on the AppStore.

19. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Sounds like a personal problem. :rolleyes:

I stand by my two choices based off what the OP was asking for, and felt my contribution to the thread was more than valid. Both are great games that offer very engaging storylines, a very generous amount of customization, diversity, very lengthy gameplay, and just overall great rpg's for iOS to own. Care to do the same rather than posting negativity?

Anyways, some other iOS rpg's with good storylines:

- (as said) Avadon HD.
    - Aquaria (I HIGHLY recommend).
    - Chaos Rings series.
    - Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of The Lions.

To the OP, I hope these help you with what your looking for...

20. bighi

bighi Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Wow, I forgot about Final Fantasy Tactics!

This is a game with a very good story. This is not a classical turn-based RPG, but you should play it.