Smash Hit by Mediocre (Sprinkle, Granny Smith)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Mediocre Henrik, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Mediocre Henrik

Mediocre Henrik Active Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Game developer
    Malmö
    Trailer and release date!

Hey guys, the game will hit the App Store and Google Play on March 6th (Thursday). Here's the trailer, I can't wait to see what you think of the game!

Cheers
    Henrik

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Awesome! Hope the launch goes well. What's the price?

3. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Free

4. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Nice look, nice effect, must be try.

5. Mediocre Henrik

Sep 6, 2013
    Game developer
    Malmö
    The business model explained.. :)

Thanks!

Yes it will be a free game, but perhaps not the way you think. There will be no ads and there is just one single in app purchase which you can only pay for once.

So you could say that its still a premium game, but that we bundled the lite and full version into one app. The difference is that you CAN actually play the whole game without paying for it.

The main feature you get by upgrading to premium is checkpoints, which are very helpful but not necessary to complete the game.

I realize its an unusual solution.. but I hope you feel that its a generous one. Making a living from mobile games is hard, but I don't think we would ever consider doing a real "freemium" game... as we do respect the players (and ourselves for that matter).

6. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Uhhh I'm not sure if that's a good approach. I think I remember you asking about it in the forums, and I'm by no means criticizing. I'm just worried that this game won't monetize if there's no ads and you can complete the whole game for free

7. Mediocre Henrik

Sep 6, 2013
    Game developer
    Malmö
    Yes I see your point. We are not unaware of the risks so we have spent a lot of time on balancing, testing and considering different options..

The indications we've had so far have been promising.. But yeah if it does turn out to be a failure then perhaps we will be forced to reconsider.

8. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I've really been looking forward to this release! Another week! Guess I have no choice but to wait!!:eek:

9. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I think it's a smart choice to have your finger hover over the "raise to 99c" button as BH2 did, just in case.

I wish you the best of luck with this release, I'll definitely be downloading it

10. Mediocre Henrik

Sep 6, 2013
    Game developer
    Malmö
    Many thanks guys, we really appreciate your support! We put a lot of effort into this one, I really do hope that you'll like the game and please let us know your thoughts once you've tried it :)

11. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Totally psyched!! Hope it still comes out tomorrow!

12. Dennis Gustafsson

Dec 6, 2013
    Game developer
    Malmöo, Sweden
    Yes it will! It's actually rolling out on App Store in asia at this very minute, working its way west. It will also go live on Google Play in about ten hours. Stay tuned!

13. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Hope it all goes well!