Hot Game #1: Arctic Christmas ?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Red1, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    The Hot Games list seems a bit wonky. Arctic Christmas is currently listed as number one, but I can't see a reason for that.

The top spot includes a link to a thread in the promo codes forum (11 comments), whereas I'd expect it to only link to a games forum.

2. Yodeller

Yodeller Member

Dec 20, 2013
    There are 2 things here we'd like to raise...

1. If you look on the promo forum, what he have done is common practice here. Hence, we have been extremely disappointing that our thread has been forced closed by the moderators. We'd like to urge you to reconsider the unfair closure of this thread. There are plenty other similar thread with MUCH higher rate of response on TA. You will also find on this thread, that some of our TA readers here have been particularly kind with their comments about this game in particular(And to those of you,we thank you for your kind words and we're glad that you like the game). It is a simple game, but not everyone is into bigger games like for example, Crime City. We genuinely believe a simple game that is well executed has an appeal in the market.

2. When a new bakery across the road opens, offers sample to get you to visit the bakery, asks you to put in a few good words for it or refer it to a friend IF you like it and offers a prize for a lucky draw, is that under-handed? It's an invitation to try the product and an invitation to tell us what you think of it on our "official guest book". This is fair game and nothing weird or underhanded about it.

3. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Yodeller, I've just sent you a PM.

My comments in this thread aren't related to your game. Rather, I'm commenting on the "Hot Games" ranking process in general.

4. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    the thread was briefly closed while trying to sort out the bug.

Red1 - yes, it was a bug. if you see these sort of "stuck" things in the hot list, email me [email protected] or post here.

Yodeller - your thread is reopened.

arn

5. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Thanks for the quick response. Looks better now...