Affirmation Garden

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by TheBinaryMill, Jul 6, 2009.

1. TheBinaryMill

TheBinaryMill Well-Known Member

#1 TheBinaryMill, Jul 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
    UPDATE - Video now available! :)

Hi All,

Affirmation Garden was approved today and is now live on the AppStore world wide for .99c :)

LINK

Thanks!
    - Ingmar

www.TheBinaryMill.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Affirmation Garden is a wonderful companion to assist you in engaging with simple, yet commonly overlooked, positive statements, utilizing beautiful graphics and sound, to help you engage with & retain these all important life altering tools.

Affirmations are positive statements that describe a desired situation, and which when repeated many times, impress the subconscious mind and trigger it into positive action. In order to ensure the effectiveness of the affirmations, they should to be repeated with attention, conviction, interest and desire.

Affirmation Garden is designed to help you do just that. Take a break at any time of the day or night, and re-enforce these all important, life altering tools in Affirmation Garden's gorgeous, tranquil 3D environment.

Find dozens of positive, stimulating, profound and thought-provoking messages to help you get the most out of life. With wisdom from visionaries such as Albert Einstein, Abraham Lincoln, Winston Churchhill through to Julius Caesar, Confucius and Buddha, Affirmation Garden ranges the full gamut of humanity’s brightest lights and most inspiring brilliance.

FEATURING
    - Beautiful real-time 3D graphics
    - Tranquil & relaxing music tracks
    - 3D positional audio
    - Dozens of inspirational affirmations
    - Profound quotes from the most influential and revered philosophers of all time.

Use Affirmation Garden anytime your mind is not engaged in something in particular, such as while traveling in a bus or train, waiting in line, a walk in the park etc.

More gardens will be added in future updates, featuring more inspirational and fundamental messages and wisdom to help you get the most out of life.

2. No Stuart Smalley, no deal.

:D

Looks very nicely rendered, though I think a video would help give a better sense on just how you've pushed the hardware to the limit.

Also, this may have to go in the applications forum, as this doesn't seem to be a game.

3. TheBinaryMill

Whoops, my bad. Would a mod be able to move this to apps please?

And yes, I'll be posting video soon :)

-Ingmar

4. PhagoCychotic

PhagoCychotic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009

:mad: Ugh...off topic but are you and Thomas related????

back on topic, here's the link in case someone doesn't catch it in the apps forum [app]Affirmation Garden[/app]

5. TheBinaryMill

Affirmation Garden is indeed live

Thanks for that PhagoCychotic :) Affirmation Garden was indeed released today. I'll update the OP now.

- Ingmar

6. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Wow the graphics look really great! Make it into a TD and you'll be all set! :D

7. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Well I decided to get this. I quite like relaxation apps like this.

Right off the bat I'd say it needs a tad more work. The navigation is not at all as you would expect it to be and the menus are sluggish.

To move around the garden you tap along the path. Fair enough, but i just feel it would be nicer if you could glide around dragging on the touch screen.

My main gripe is with the menus though. The game
    takes an age to load and at every point in the app where it tells you to touch to continue from menus it takes ages to respond.

Ultimately.... For something I thought was designed to help relax you.... I honestly found the experience somewhat stressful.

8. TheBinaryMill

Lest get this working the way it should for you :)

Hi Oliath,

Thanks very much for your feedback. We're constantly looking for ways to better our products and will certainly look into all of your issues moving forward.

To help us better, would you be able to share with me which device you were running Affirmation Garden on? We have not experienced the message delays you speak of, so it would help us in determining the cause of the problem. Have you tried to restart your device? It sounds like it could be a memory swapping issue as iPhones/iPods tend to have fairly terrible memory management and when full up, they choke.

I'll leave it at that for now, but please do share as much info as possible so we can help make the product what it should be for you, relaxing! :)

- Ingmar
    The Binary Mill

9. CommanderKeen

CommanderKeen Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I bought it because I'm into gardens and good quotes.
    I'll post impressions later today.

10. CommanderKeen

CommanderKeen Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Okay, so I played it for about 15 minutes at work today.
    I didn't have any problems with the game being choppy like someone else mentioned (played on my 3G). I think the graphics are very nice and the quotes you can find are also very inspiring, so the game accomplishes what it's going for.
    That being said, I think I would like it a whole lot more if there were alternate points of view to explore (like from the eyes of a person walking along the path. I know nothing about game development but it doesn't seem like that would be very hard to do. :)
    Good job though; I think this is waaay better than its somewhat-similar, top-selling counterpart "Distant Shore". Looking forward to the new gardens in future updates!

11. TheBinaryMill

Great to hear you're enjoying the Garden :)

A 'first person' perspective isn't too difficult to produce, it's more limited by the power the device. We are considering options that make it possible though.

Thanks for the feedback!

- Ingmar

12. TheBinaryMill

13. That does indeed look gorgeous. The movement is fluid and the sound is nice and calming. Are the affirmations randomized or is the same one tied to each element? How large is the "world"?

14. TheBinaryMill

Some more info...

The affirmations and quotes cycle, and there are multiples on each item within the garden. We are developing more Gardens as we have many more positive messages & quotes to share, which will all be free in future updates :)

Thanks for your feedback!

- Ingmar

15. Sounds great. Would the additional gardens be attached to the main one or selectable from a menu?

16. TheBinaryMill

We'll introduce a new menu where new gardens will be selectable from.

Cheers,
    - Ingmar