Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-30-2013, 01:34 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

I love iOS sometimes. This game wouldn't have been a chance on other platforms, but beyond the sometimes "janky" jumping (the first boss comes to mind, not sure why the controls become somewhat unresponsive there) and the "amateurish" art...what a stupidly lovely game this is. Certainly has the Metroidvania aspect down and the humor's spot on. About half an hour and 30% in and it seems to be the perfect length for a $1 game. Naturally things are getting harder and more confusing, so I don't know how long it'll take, but I couldn't care less. I've enjoyed literally every second so far.

Highly recommended.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:18 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

CAUTION! CAUTION! CAUTION!

A ~ 40 MB download that bloats to about 350 MB. Ouch!

EDIT: Played to completion. About an hour in total. Loved every second of it. Truly memorable and had it not been such a large file, I would've kept it on my device permanently. Already deleted.

If Scott (the developer) comes across this...dude, is there any chance the game could be made smaller? I really want to keep this. :/

EDIT 2: Reached out to the developer on Twitter. *crosses fingers*

Last edited by metalcasket; 07-30-2013 at 03:27 AM..
Old 07-30-2013, 04:28 AM

Hey guys, thanks for playing! This is my first game so that fact that everyone loves it means so much.

Being my first game, Im still learning a lot, but I am looking into making the game smaller, as well as always making sure that any problems (apparently unresponsive controls during the plant boss for example) are dealt with as quick as possible.

I have a sequel to Mage lined up (will be our third game probably) already but an actual graphics artist on board as well as a designer, aiming for a good double the length of Mage 1, more spells and possibly more than 1 playable character with tagging.

Also, check out my Facebook page for news on my next game, Mage Craft. Its my take on Puzzle Craft, but with quests, characters and a story done in my usual insulty way. There is also a love interest (a girl), a creepy love interest (an old guy) and many more cute and wonderful characters.

Edit.
Oh and if you liked the game, please rate and review it. The more of those i get, the more likely people will be to download it.
Thanks again

Last edited by Squigglyo; 07-30-2013 at 04:31 AM..
Old 08-10-2013, 11:40 PM

Hey guys,

I have just finished the Android version of Mage.

If you want to check it out, heres the link
[URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.PlusIntStudios.Mage"]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.PlusIntStudios.Mage[/URL]
Old 08-12-2013, 09:09 AM

Really great game - but I've hit a bug on the screen where you get a spell book that lets you go in red water.

I was really enjoying this though - proper indie-metroidvania.

Any news on when bug fixes are happening?
Old 08-12-2013, 09:12 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Would like to try this but the huge filesize after installing has put me off. Please update the thread if the size is much smaller
Old 08-17-2013, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stbsteve View Post
Really great game - but I've hit a bug on the screen where you get a spell book that lets you go in red water.

I was really enjoying this though - proper indie-metroidvania.

Any news on when bug fixes are happening?
Ive recently updated the game, fixing a few bugs.