Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-11-2013, 07:17 AM
iPad, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastband View Post
I cannot progress past the river on chapter 1 part 4, pathetic eh?
Help please
You need Goblins with the teleportation spell to go across the river.

- First create some wolves to fight the creature at the east
- Create some Gardeners to harvest mushrooms
- Then create the Goblin rune and upgrade it (using the small arrow at the top of the rune).
- Create three Goblins and teleport them across the river

Let me know if you need more help.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:19 AM
iPad, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FouriOS View Post
Hi, I really like the game. Maybe you should get some font, that fits the style more. Also I find it good practice to make the words / letters show up progressively so that your eye can move along with the appearing letters. Of course if you tap the whole text should appear instantly for those that are impatient. This may help with readability, and is commonly used in such dialogs.
Thanks. Progressive text sounds like a good idea.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:48 AM
iPad, iOS 6.x

V1.0.1 is available!

- Game balance has been revised (faster rune/creature creation)
- Level 2 has been revised.
- New details added to the graphics of the temple levels (chapter 1, level1-5)
- Fixed some memory pressure problems on the iPad2/iPad mini with iOS7 installed.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:46 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Great job, already back to playing.
But geez, your game is hard for me. Does not happen often that I switch to easy difficulty just so I can proceed at all; and quite early to boot: Chapter 1, Stage 3. The round one where you need to defend.
Did anyone beat that on normal? If yes, I really would like to know how. Gave it half a dozen tries or so, but never could summon enough creatures to finish.

On the other hand, the "stealth" levels so far were really interesting, more like tactical puzzles.
But they show a design problem, and other levels as well. They are really hard to complete on first try, because I often run into ugly surprises unprepared, or start out wrong.
With knowledge gathered after a few attempts, things become more straightforward, but give the feel that there is only one "right" way to approach a level.
Combined with the fact that you often have to restart, it reduces immersion quite a lot for me, which is a shame. I like the story so far, and the graphical style.
For example the level where you teleport the single Goblin around: when you make a mistake and lose it, you can start over. Would have been better, in my opinion, to allow summoning of another Goblin when the first one dies. Same effect, but it is an in-universe solution to restarting the level from scratch.

Last edited by Nullzone; 11-17-2013 at 04:48 PM..
Old 11-18-2013, 04:22 AM
iPad, iOS 6.x

Thank you for the feedback!

Regarding the stage 3, select your wolves and use the speed spell as much as possible. The idea is to try to kill enemies before they are completely summoned. You need to get the new mana crystals when they arrive and summon new wolves. Not sure if it is too difficult or if it requires more information.

Regarding your other comment, the V1.1 will allow you to save game progress at the middle of a mission. I think it will help, because you won't have to restart the complete mission from scratch if you failed.

I also plan to add more help bubbles for some missions. Now it's pretty difficult to find the right balance, especially with puzzle style levels (if you give too much informations, the level becomes less interesting).
Old 11-18-2013, 01:07 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Thanks for the fast reply!
Saving halfway through the mission sounds good, nice improvement.

If I find the time, I will give 1-3 another run on Medium.
What you describe is pretty much what I did, without much success.
Are the enemy spawns at least partly randomized? I had 2 attempts where I got swarmed by 3 or so Spiders right at the start. Needless to say these didn't go well...
Old 11-19-2013, 03:32 AM
iPad, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullzone View Post
Are the enemy spawns at least partly randomized?
No. They are summoned each time at the same position/timing. Only the difficulty level changes the configuration. I may remove the first knight and replace it by an easier opponent.