Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-03-2014, 01:13 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

One of the greatest iOS games ever... me and all my friends bought all the customization packs to support the dev. it was SO GOOD
Old 07-03-2014, 01:32 PM
iPhone 5c

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanfwc View Post
One of the greatest iOS games ever... me and all my friends bought all the customization packs to support the dev. it was SO GOOD
It's still great! I'm hoping to inspire developers to stick with it, so get in game and play!
Old 11-18-2014, 06:02 PM

I just added a response to another thread here in regards to Disc Drivin: [URL="http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3406668#post3406668"]http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3406668#post3406668[/URL]

The developers are still responsive. I've actually been actively playing against one of them for the last several weeks. I'm not sure if he'd appreciate his Disc Drivin username being advertised here, so I won't mention it, but I will say that there is a video out there showing a journalist playing against him for an article, where you can see his username. Also, his disc art is the Pixelocity logo (which can't be purchased).

I've chatted with him in regards to any potential plans to update the game, and unfortunately it doesn't sound like there is anything in the pipeline. I get the sense they're focusing on their other game (Danger Boat).

Last edited by jaggles; 11-18-2014 at 06:03 PM.. Reason: Fixed the URL.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:25 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Still love this game, but I'm way out of practice.

If you want an easy win, please feel free to invite drelbs to a game.

Would love to play some 4-player games with people.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:50 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Been permanently on my phone/iPad ever since it was released. I've ever gotten bored with it. kel808 is my user name always up for new challenges
Old 11-20-2014, 04:20 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

I never played it, not so much into multiplayer games, but I've got lots of friends who absolutely love it. So yea, there are still people who play this game
Old 11-20-2014, 05:58 AM

I also spoke with the devs recently via email - myself and a large group of friends have played this online every single day since release, we all have multiple turn based races always on the go. As soon as one of us wins a race another 4-player race begins.

This is one of those turn-based games that I don't think enough people appreciate how much fun and just how good it is.

I'm still praying they'll do a Disc Drivin' 2 and most of the active user base I'm sure would be willing to pay more - I mean how many apps or games can you say have remained on your device for 2-3 years and get played EVERY DAY??
Old 11-20-2014, 06:28 PM

Other than stock iOS apps, this is quite literally the only one for me.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:47 PM

I plan to hop back in and embarrass myself with my rustiness soon.

Meanwhile, though, I tried it on iPhone 6 Plus, and it looks great!

I had it in my head that older apps would need an update for the new iPhones (and iOS 8) or else they'd be upscaled and blurry. I have seen some older games look like that, but it's clearly not all of them: Disc Drivin' fills the big screen and has sharp text and sharp OpenGL (with slight blurriness only on minor buttons/UI elements). And it wasn't even updated for iOS 7 (the Back button in Settings looks like iOS 6). So--now I'm eager to check out lots of "older" games that I had assumed would disappoint when enlarged.

It also restored my purchased disc designs without being asked. Painless