Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-01-2014, 03:11 AM

Man, this game is so impossible, but soo addictive! I'm proud of my highscore of 57, which is probably very low..
Old 08-01-2014, 06:28 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C83 View Post
Hello developer!

I'm not surprised to hear that you spent most time perfecting the controls; when you spend enough time with Impossible Flyer you realise that the controls are what make this game stand out from the crowd. My best score is 227 and it's a pretty good feeling when you're slaloming pass the "50 pence pieces" as my Dad called them. Good job!

I read a review on the App Store and the guy said that a set of levels to beat might be nice to have, not just endless. He also mentioned having power ups and stuff, that's an idea I'm less fond of as it kind of detracts from the "pureness" of the gameplay. But levels might work.

Oh and here's a gameplay video of one of my better runs, unfortunately not the 227.

Hei. Thanks a lot for playing the game and thanks for the compliment. It makes a dev's day when something they work on is appreciated especially when you're working alone without knowing whether other's will enjoy it (except in the dev's own biased mind ... and maybe a few testers). 227 ain't bad. My highest so far is 596 after many tries and a visit to the monks in the mountains of tibet . I'll have the gameplay in a later post. Levels is something i did ponder quite a bit for the game but I kinda decided against it coz i really wanna build an endless... flyer?

Last edited by Hafiz Pon; 08-01-2014 at 03:12 PM..
Old 08-01-2014, 06:30 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C83 View Post
Thanks for posting this game, I like it. Like Sink and Dude mentioned it takes a little while to get used to the control but once you do you'll be steering pass the obstacles like a pro. Currently at 108.
Thanks Andy. And with that here's my play scoring 596

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Hafiz Pon; 08-01-2014 at 03:17 PM..
Old 08-01-2014, 03:22 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geertyy View Post
Man, this game is so impossible, but soo addictive! I'm proud of my highscore of 57, which is probably very low..
Thanks thanks and thanks. Really appreciate it....keep at it my Padawan. Soon you'll be Jedi.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:27 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3R3n3gad3 View Post
Guys the #1 high score is hacked, the guy has over a million score.
Yeah. Unfortunately stuff like that happens. I've gone in and remove them. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:00 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkane View Post
Dang yeah, those controls are super tight. I switched to using part of my fingernail on my index finger and that seems to help. You need fingers like the tip of a sharpened pencil to kill at this game. Now I know what Andy's fingertips look like! Left a 5 star review on the App Store.
Big thanks from the dev. Hope you continue to enjoy the game. My technique is to relax my thumb while playing and keep the motion smooth flowing like running water .

Last edited by Hafiz Pon; 08-01-2014 at 04:09 PM..
Old 08-01-2014, 04:03 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDude View Post
NZ account ftw! Best decision I made since getting into IOS games

Impossible Flyer is a solid, back-to-basics game of twitchy evasion and nerve wracking close calls. Go forth and dodge, travel as far as possible; if you're a fan of the genre, you know the drill. The controls are simple and responsive, the minimal visuals are pleasing, and the game is just fun and challenging

My best score so far is 21
Thanks. I'm glad to hear that. What you mention was exactly what i was gunning for when making the game. Appreciate it.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:07 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I'm getting used to the controls. The game is fantastic, my best score is 115. Now I'm trying to get into the top 25
Old 08-01-2014, 04:13 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
I'm getting used to the controls. The game is fantastic, my best score is 115. Now I'm trying to get into the top 25
Hi. I'm glad you're getting a better hang of the game. Enjoy