Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-18-2013, 06:14 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I've hit another pay wall yet again. Deleted. Don't think I'll be playing this anymore unless prices and loot drops get balanced. I do not recommend getting this game unless you're fine with paymium model.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:47 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel_Gamer View Post
I've hit another pay wall yet again. Deleted. Don't think I'll be playing this anymore unless prices and loot drops get balanced. I do not recommend getting this game unless you're fine with paymium model.
Or if you enjoy playing the game.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:18 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Just to be clear, there's enjoyment to be had until you get to said pay wall and frustration overtakes the joy. I reckon you can probably get a couple of hour's before it gets bad. Probably get your dollars worth but sure as hell won't take you until the end.

Just to add, the upgraded later weapons can only be purchased with Gems, that's in addition to upgrading default weapon...

Maybe they should tone that stuff down, make rerun of missions drop reasonable loot rather than pocket change that you can't buy anything with...

Now that Fangz is updated with difficulty update, gonna give that a go...
Old 05-21-2013, 06:41 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I like ninjas. They zoom around and can double jump like a boss. They've got that ninjitsu power that makes them cool too. Yeah, you get to do those in Ninja Wrath.

Animations are smooth and the designs are appealing. The overall look feels western to me though. The sounds are okay, they've got some oomph.

Now we get to the nitty gritty.

The first set of stages is easy but once you get to level 15, the difficulty suddenly ramps up to where you need to play skillfully or die in 2-3 hits. Getting poisoned will sap your health down to 1 unless you have an antidote or healing potions.

Difficulty beyond level 15 isn't as high if you just use the same strategies in overcoming that wall and adjust for new enemies. I do like that there are quite a number of enemy types as you progress. I just wish I had physical controls to play a game that requires as much skill as this. Sometimes things just happen--or don't, in some cases--when I try to swipe things.

More about that level 15 wall. Before first trying it out, I got 3 stars in all the previous stages, had put most stat points in attack with a little chakra and health, and upgraded my starter sword to level 5 (max 6) via gold. I started level 15 thinking it was going to be another cake walk stage. I was wrong. My stats were pretty glass and the newly introduced enemies couldn't be stun-locked so performing a full 3-hit combo meant taking a hit myself worth half my life bar. The stage also had flying ninjas that threw poison darts at you, making death feel like a must. Ragequit time!

Nah. I did what I do in any game with RPG mechanics: level up (grind in the case of Ninja Wrath). Stubborn me, I maximized my attack power. The fall back: learn to use potions. These are godsend and are relatively cheap if you play right. I was tearing up the stone soldiers now but a wrong move still meant imminent death. Death means no rewards, other than experience already gained.

What about those gems to get better weapons and accessories? It's a but of a rarity. They drop every 4-5 battles. The strongest weapon needs 25 to unlock. One accessory needs 10-15 gems. That's pretty grindy for a paid game. I got that sword anyway after many battles and frustrated defeats. Please increase the drop rate, even just by 30%. You could also make it so that higher levels have a better chance of dropping a gem. I'm fine with the rate chests appear. If you don't want to mess with the gems, at least increase the gold rewards especially when you play a stage again! 30-50 gold per fight won't cut it for failed upgrades.

As a tip for players, especially those that hate grinding, use gems to upgrade so you don't waste gold on failed upgrades. Use the gold to buy pots instead. I don't have any accessories yet but I don't think they're worth it or even that game-changing, especially for the gem cost. *hint to devs*

Some things that bother me:
The player hitbox. It's bigger than what the player sees. Projectiles own.
A press sometimes registers as a swipe.
A swipe sometimes doesn't register. It feels like taking a hit gets priority
Make some skills have bigger hitboxes like the rising attack and the blasted vampire sword's chakra attack. It doesn't hit anything standing on top of you so at least make it hit everything to the side including in between the spikes. It requires more skill to use than the basic sword's. it could use a buff in attack power too or at least make the player immune to stun but not damage while casting the chakra attacks.

The game feels great playing through some of the earlier levels. Level 35 with the 3rd sword maxed out feels incredibly satisfying and just right at stage 19.

I like this game and it has a lot of potential. There's some rebalancing to be done so it doesn't scare away the more casual players.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:21 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default New Hammer Ninja update & Free (lite) version available

Hello all, thanks for your support and comments, after lots of tweaking and dev time, here's the latest we've added to Ninja Wrath!
New update, plus Lite Version "Ninja Wrath Free" is now available on the App store!

Hammer Ninja has been added to the game!

Version 1.1.2 (Jul 9, 2013)
Major Content Update with New Hero and more!

- Added New Hero! The hulking Hammer Ninja
pounds baddies into submission with new skills and weapons!

- Added 3 more Game Center Achievements
- New Survival Mode Leaderboard for Game Center. Challenge friends to beat your score through Facebook.
- Updated Facebook link functions

Bug fixes and optimizations
- Fixed a crash issue at stage 29 for iPod Touch 4th gen
- Optimized loading method for better performance
- Other tweaks and improvements

Plus all the goodness of previous updates:
Now supports iPod Touch 4th generation!
More gem/coins rewarded in levels
▪ Upgrades and item prices lowered
▪ Overall game difficultly lowered

iTunes App Store download link - http://bit.ly/ninjawrath_ios

Look for us on Facebook and let us know your thoughts!
http://facebook.com/XLUSHgames

ALSO
Download the Lite version FREE to demo the game
iTunes App Store download link -http://bit.ly/ninjawrfree

===
PROMOCODE GIVEAWAY to celebrate our latest major update!
Check out the TA Forum giveaway thread
====

Thanks for your interest and support!
= Ninja Wrath by XLUSH =
Old 07-23-2013, 08:40 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default more codes in the giveaway thread!

More codes just added to the giveaway thread!
go here:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=196098

We also fixed a lot of bugs and added some cool stuff too! (check the above post!)

We thank everyone for your support and comments, and hope to see you on facebook!
http://facebook.com/XLUSHgames

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 07-28-2013, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel_Gamer View Post
It's a shame, really it's a great game, but the rareness of gems doesn't make it possible to progress further.. Xlush, FIX THE GEM DROPRATE!!!!
Old 12-03-2013, 12:10 PM

They took this game down? It wasn't that bad, it just needed to be less IAP hungry.

If anyone is looking for a good ninja brawler to take this games place, OMG! Pirates by mika mobile is amazing.