Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-18-2014, 02:05 PM

I'm a sucker for games like Puzzle and Dragons. I never get very far in 'em, but they can be fun. It took me a while to warm up to the Fruit Ninja aspect of this one. At first I wondered if there was any strategy involved, but there is on deciding which rune set to have thrown up, the order to cut the runes and deciding how long to keep the combo meter up before using it in a massive attack.

Other than the fruit ninja stuff, the UI, monster collection and leveling, IAP, friend list garbage, etc is very familiar. This game does have a set of swords, though, that can be used to increase your stats. The swords can also be upgraded.

Bosses will also drop ( I managed to get fire boss on an early level) and the game can be reset to try for a better starter monster.

If games like this could do away with the heavy reliance on a friends list I'd probably delve into them more often.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Please don't use friend/invite/referral codes in the game's main thread. There's an own forum section for that.
my apologizes
inv code removed
Old 02-18-2014, 05:32 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Is this another online only social game? :\
Old 02-19-2014, 12:04 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

What's with the insane loading time? It sat loading for like 15 minutes and after I finished the tutorial, it sat loading for another 15 minutes. WTF?

Oh, and this game is more like Puzzle & Dragon mixed with Jack Lumber.

Fruit Ninja is about cutting anywhere.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:54 AM
iPhone 4

is there a good wiki or forum for this game? i want to know where to find the evo materials.

enjoying this game so far.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaraf View Post
What's with the insane loading time? It sat loading for like 15 minutes and after I finished the tutorial, it sat loading for another 15 minutes. WTF?

Oh, and this game is more like Puzzle & Dragon mixed with Jack Lumber.

Fruit Ninja is about cutting anywhere.
Holy cow, just watched Eli compare this game to Jack Lumber on TA Plays. Even the tutorial on how to cut the runes had nearly identical animation to that of Jack Lumber; not to mention all the other identical mechanics. And then heap on the exact same elements from Puzzle and Dragons and you can see this game is uninspired.

Jack Lumber looks like it's really fun and doesn't have the social and freemium crap that the player has to put up with. I think I'll sharpen my axe and play Jack Lumber instead.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:47 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I fell off the PAD wagon and decided not to play more until Z comes out for 3DS. SOD is the first thing I've played since that feels as fresh and fun as PAD did when I got into it. Highly recommended despite the server lag / loading issues.

So far I haven't hit any freemium wall. Since there's really no info out there on the game I didn't feel bad with my initial roll and am just exploring stress free. Stamina replenishes 2x as fast as PAD and crystals have been flowing in (10 each level you beat). Haven't spent any yet.

Best resource for meta I've found so far:

http://slash-of-the-dragoon.wikia.co...e_Dragoon_Wiki

And where's the thread to share invite codes? I didn't see it after searching the forum. Will move mine there but until then I'll hide it here, we both get in game currency when you use it... •••Spoiler:  b5a6fb5a1