Universal [OLD SOFT LAUNCH THREAD] The Trail - A Frontier Journey (by Kongregate)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Taeles, Sep 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Old soft launch thread

2. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Apparently this one has Peter molyneuxs's finger print on it though amazingly nearly none of his legendary hypemachine. Guess he learned the lesson of overhype when he made Godus.

3. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015

This game gave me one of the best first 30 minutes of a game in a long while. It really gave me the feeling of going on an epic adventure. You're walking down a path, collect some resources to craft stuff, watch and discover the fantastic environments and meet some nice people. Later on in the game some problems pop up, the inventory is way too small. This means you have throw away a lot of usefull stuff you're going to need for crafting later. What I also don't like is the fact that this game is free to play. The best thing about this game is exploring new area's and figuring out what's going on. The free to play balance isn't even that bad, but it means you've got to do pretty much grinding. This means you're walking through the same area's and you're not really exploring anymore, which means the best part of the game is kind of gone. The game has a lot of potential though and at least Molyneux didn't overhype this time.

4. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    I'm actually enjoying this game quite a bit. It doesn't need constant internet and it is relaxing with gorgeous art style. I can already tell the grind will be real and may get tedious it also feels like time a dedication will be rewarded without having to shell out too much money. I'll post again when I've played for longer.

I should mention I actually really enjoyed Godus and still fire it up every now and then. So, I might be biased towards 22 Cans lol.

5. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Today I started my 4th App Store account and chose New Zealand should have chose Phillipenes since most soft launches are happening there now
    Sheesh
    This looks like a good game maybe Peter Is back to the good stuff

6. Ann0ying

Ann0ying Well-Known Member

Sup guys?
    Can someone help me with PH account?
    I'm constantly getting "contact support" stuff recently, even when using a PH vpn.

This game looks really fun, so I want to test it out, but I can't.

Thanks in advance.

7. Carlos0

Carlos0 New Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Savegame

Love the game but is iT possible to change the Savegame to à other phone

8. Brody14

Brody14 New Member

Sep 18, 2016
    Is anybody else having trouble getting on recently?

9. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    I hopped over on my PH itunes account and noticed the game has a update available. Might solve your issue getting on.

10. Brody14

Brody14 New Member

Sep 18, 2016
    #10 Brody14, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
    I updated the game and nothing changed. It just shows the 22cans and Kongregate logos, a white screen, and then cuts back to my home screen.

I don't think it's my device, because I've only had it for 3 months, but I downloaded it on my phone and it ran normally.

11. 22Genie

22Genie New Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Hey Brody14!

Would you mind emailing [email protected] with your in-game character name and a description of the problem?

Thanks and sorry you are having problems getting in-game!

12. raymondeigel

raymondeigel Active Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I've been playing for a good long while. I think I'm at least 4 maps from the first town, Eden Falls, if remember correctly. I update my app as the updates come, eager for new content.

Last night, when I tried to play, the app crashed after the 22cans and Kongregate logos at the start. Clearing the app from memory and rebooting the iPad didn't do anything.

I could always uninstall and reinstall, but progress is not backed up to the cloud or something. I play on my iPad Air 2. I downloaded the game on my iPhone 6 Plus, made a little progress, and uninstalled and reinstalled to check if my progress would be retained. Unsurprisingly, it wasn't. So I can't simply delete the game from my iPad.

Anyone know I will go from here? I'm having a lot of fun but it fels like the effort is all gone. I also paid for some IAP along the way, which I can't access right now. As far as I've checked as well, there is no Restore Purchases option. I've sent an email to the developer through the App Store, too, as well as post in the Kongregate forum!

I want to play!

If anyone can help me, my character name is Raymond, a lumberjack from Smeagul! My house is I think level 6 or 7.

13. raymondeigel

raymondeigel Active Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I started having problems last night. I can't get in now. Just whites back to home like you.

14. Ann0ying

Ann0ying Well-Known Member

Hey man,
    Any way I can get promo or somehow test the game?
    This looks like smth I'll enjoy, but I have problems registering PH account.
    Maybe date of worldwide release or Soft-Launch extension?

15. Brody14

Brody14 New Member

Sep 18, 2016
    The newest update just came out, and the problem was fixed. I'm excited to get back to playing!

16. swai

swai Member

Jul 3, 2016
    First impression

I'm only half way to the first town so take this for what it's worth, first impression:
    + its pretty
    + fun and original take on a runner
    - it doesn't run well on my iPad pro 9.7"
    - the tutorial is extremely slow, long and assumes you're an idiot
    - the swipe interface has a tendency to do the wrong thing
    - two hard crashes so far (1h play) and one soft bug where I couldn't trade at the current camp
    - the interface management is a fun gimmick a first, but easily goes into a state where something is falling endlessly which makes the interface laggy
    - some interface elements overlap each other, covering needed things (like items while trading)
    - IAP items have durability

If you ever played godus and cussed at how hard it was to get the right layer selected while transforming terrain this will feel very familiar.

I came very close to deleting this already, but I'll give it at least another chance later. It could be okay if it ran better.