Universal Spellsword -(by Everplay)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Curiosity killed the cat. But if this is what were supposed to be curious about, i'd gladly lay down 2 cat lives to get more juicy info. :D

2. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    :)

We are adding new spellcards, new items, new enemy types, and eventually more than 1 new arena.

We are also adding MORE missions to the previous stages, so that should rekindle your fire. ;-)

3. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Sounds great. A truly excellent game!

Now what in the world is going on with Terra Noctis?

4. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Pretty smecksie! Cant wait!

New cards and items mean my current rupees wont go to waste. :D

5. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Eh just one concern... I'm quite doubtful of adding new spell cards, as the current number of cards does allow for some pretty dire situations (non-aoe weapon effect + large number of mobs spawning on a spell card) so an increased range of cards could exacerbate the problem with bad card spawn + unhelpful weapon/card.

Variety is good, but too much variety tends to bring in new problems.

Other than that concern, I've noticed the bonus rupee award is mixed into the rupee picked up amount in the end level report screen, sometimes resulting in numbers overlapping with the text. Can you fix that?

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I mentioned this on a post I did regarding the bad controls of the first update, but i guess it just got lost because of how the controls were more important.

7. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Are there any plans to fix the GC achiev bug? Been mentioned several times in the thread already but hasn't seemed to be addressed yet.

8. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Yeah lol probably did, I wasn't bothered to read 10 consecutive posts that mentioned control issues :p.
    (plus, I didn't play until this morning when I finally bothered to play the game after the 'good' update)

Spell card request: an extremely rare spawn rate 'nuke' card :D.

9. playerout

playerout Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Italy
    Am I supposed to answer with a "meow"? :D

I love the words NEW and MORE...:D:D

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I think the poison card does that.

How about...

A card that reduces/slows down spawn rate of enemies? Should be great on endless.

OR

A card that changes all spawning enemies into small slimes for a duration.

OR

A card that embues the sword with a vertical beam of light (laser-ish?) that hits everything touching it everytime the sword is swung. Kinda like the vertical version of Wind and/or Earth

11. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    A nuke should last longer and have a lingering radiation effect to emphasize its destructive power.

No reduce or slow monster spawn cards, they'll decrease your income from less rupee drops.

HECK NO! Holding onto a non-aoe weapon card during a slime mob assault with a card right under/near a spawn spot that spews out nothing but slimes will kill you. Plus, slimes in numbers are much more dangerous than a spread of mobs because the slimes can jump everywhere and paralyze a huge area of the playfield.

I see you're not content with the wind card... btw, such a card would be pretty OP because you can hog the middle of the screen and basically start a kill feast for 20 seconds.
    ----------------------------------------
    I'm thinking of a slightly outlandish weapon effect card:
    Hold button to enter 'counter' state, movement enabled but reduced. Touch an enemy to unleash a diagonal vortex cut that sucks in enemies around the cut in front of your character for 1 second.
    Or something like that.
    Here's the inspiration to the cut (0:48):

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    As with mobs, I think small slimes are ok, the large ones are the ones that give the problems because of how the small ones they break into can usually be ricocheting off your attacks, but i might be wrong though. If it's all just small slimes, i never really have problems with them.

I guess you have a point with the slow spawn rate, but it would only matter early game, and should be indispensable on wave 30 onwards especially on hard mod where you get mobbed by anything and everything if you cant clear them fast enough.

Wind Card's actually a favorite, only topped by Light card for me. :D

What I meant with the beam of light is that it doesnt move horizontally. Just a beam that shoots vertically from top. I dont think that's OP at all in comparison with what Light or Wind can do.

Light IMO, is very OP right now. AOE clearer on acquire and a protective uber-ranged sword effect on duration. At least Wind doesnt do a thing on acquire, but is pretty sweet on sword swing.

13. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    The small 'uns in large numbers charge me faster than I can swing my sword.

Oh ok, well then I second that idea :D.

:rolleyes:

14. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Hey, I went and brought this game today.
    And I find some of the content confusing, like:

What exactly does all the cards do?
    Why does the ice card slow you down? Is that intentional?
    If so, does that make the ice stronger than the rest.

I think the darkness card is like a DoT, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Earth is obviously earthquake.

What is the Time and Rupree skills?

Sorry for all the ????s, I found it strange that Spellsword does not contain a tutorial.

15. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009

Ice card doesnt slow you down, mushrooms do, you might have just got close to one while getting a blue card, happens a lot.

Darkness card is a black hole, you must be talking about Poison, and it is not DoT, it is more of a counter, when it reaches 0, every infected dies.

Don't understand what you mean by time and rupee skills :(

Also, err from the top of my head:

Red: fireballs
    Blue: Ice shards and slow aura
    Green: awesome ranged attack
    Purple: Ticker, autokills anything
    White #1: area attack and your attack also gets a radius
    Yellow: EQ and your attacks become mini EQs when positioned well
    Black: Black hole and spawns minions
    White #2: Invulnerability

Edit:

Oh! those! Rupee makes you get higher value rupees as drops more often. Time increases your cards duration (specially useful for wind)

16. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    @Khamous: thanks man.
    In the shop,
    there's some items that say "Rupees Skill +#" and "Time skill +#"
    I guess Rupree may be the same as Increasing drop rate of rare ruprees. :rolleyes:

This game is so addicting.

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL! Welcome to the club yo!

18. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Yeah, its kind of tough to track. No test device internally had this problem, so not sure why they aren't being recognized once you get back online.

19. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    #419 nfong, May 16, 2012
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
    Yeah it's definitely strange, seems like half my games are able to sync achieves and half don't. ;)
    Would it be hard to implement a button to manually sync achievements? A few games I have use that, and it works really well. (can think of Swordigo off the top of my head)
    It's just a suggestion, though - if I'm the only person still having this GC problem it's probably not worth your time xD

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nope... this GC problem has been raised up multiple times in this thread, but was drowned by how urgent the control issues were. The control issues have been fixed and improved, so it should be time to have the devs look into the GC issue. :D

Again, thanks to Everplay for giving us a superb game, and for being around to listen to us and make changes and improvements as seen fit.