Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 05-22-2014, 05:07 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaron View Post
Don't even think that anyone would steal ideas. Ideas itself are pretty worthless. The hardest part is to make any idea into an fun(!) game.
THIS.

Many people have ideas that sound good. The ONLY thing that matters is how you execute on an idea. (By "only thing" I am referring to the quality of the final product, whether or not it sells is a different matter but quality usually helps there too).

While my game was in development, I told anyone as much detail as they wanted to know. Partially this was because I was hoping to inspire more people to join. With no budget we're always trying to recruit more people who like our ideas rather than money.

Nobody tried to steal what we built nor have I seen any games that come close to the parts that mattered to me.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:28 PM

Don't agree. It depends on how detailed your idea is. See, if an undetailed idea is worthless, why ask for any? In theory you'd have more chances of success by coming up with your own and count on your execution.
Besides, even if the idea isn't detailed, it might give inspiration to someone else who has the capacity to pull something off from it, and that is not acceptable. We're all competitors, there's no way I'd give you an entire idea if there were a chance you could turn it into some decent or even great product.
So our guy here has to ask for ideas, when actually hoping for a sufficiently detailed one, and that only warrants even more silence, because there's no way I'm going to share that kind of data.
In other words, he's delusional and anyone who helps him in a way or another is a huge fool.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:29 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

This will vary depending on the scope of the game but, in my experience, ideas and the end result are always VERY different. Even if they are scoped out in detail. So I don't see the need for concern.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:40 AM
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelosis View Post
Don't agree. It depends on how detailed your idea is. See, if an undetailed idea is worthless, why ask for any?
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Lao-tzu

You ask for, or brainstorm ideas, to get the ball rolling in the right direction. If you're on your own and have writer's - er, designer's - block, there is no shame in asking for ideas.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackharon View Post
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Lao-tzu

You ask for, or brainstorm ideas, to get the ball rolling in the right direction. If you're on your own and have writer's - er, designer's - block, there is no shame in asking for ideas.
I hope you don't mind I don't really care about getting your ball rolling. Or eventually I'd rather it rolled in the wrong direction.