Isle Of Bxnes (stone age arpg) in beta!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by whalenought_joe, Sep 25, 2013.

1. whalenought_joe

whalenought_joe Active Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Hey everyone, we’re looking for beta testers to hack a little at Isle of Bxnes. The last rounds of alpha testing went great, and we’re hoping for more great community feedback. If you’re interested here is the form on our website you can give us your email with. Beta builds being sent out for iOS and Android.

Here's a trailer with some gameplay!

There are some screenshots of in-game quality on our site, along with some development info if you’re interested. We screen captured the trailer on an iPad in what appears to be software made out of a mud, sorry about that.

We set out wanting to make a better class of mobile action rpg than what we’ve generally seen on the market, and we’re stoked with where it’s gotten but would love some more community feedback. Quick rundown of the main goals:

• You’re a stud caveman
    • Player skill based combat
    • Permadeath
    • Player skill driven fast paced combat
    • Sailing overworld map going island to island (each a solid play session)
    • Allocate limited resources found to mate, evolve, or heal
    • Reincarnation through your sons (who have randomly chosen skills, attack dmg and stamina)
    • Variety of enemies, non-hostiles, missions and bosses
    • Skill tree
    • Tribe classes
    • Inventory of weapons and armory
    • Terrific soundtrack to take you back 200,000 years
    • Lovingly animated pixel art (the main character has over 1000 muscle-bulging frames)
    • no IAP

Thanks in advance for anyone interested! If anyone has any fun stone age RPGing ideas or questions we'll be happy to answer!

Joe & Hannah

2. swimmingcub

swimmingcub Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Looks really fun! 2 questions. Is there randomly generated islands? Also do you have a price?

3. whalenought_joe

Sep 25, 2013
    Thanks! Parts of the islands are randomly generated (NPCs, villages, enemies, if tribes inhabit it, and items/resources), and the islands that are revealed during your sailing are randomly chosen from a large variety - you'll only see a portion of them in a single play through. We were able to get a lot more control and direct the flow for each island this way, instead of using more randomly generated ones. As you evolve, more challenging island groups become available.

The price point across iOS and Android will probably land around $1.99. This will include future (free) updates, and no IAP of any kind.

Thanks for the questions!

4. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Awesome pixel art! I have a soft spot for that art style and it's randomized and has a legacy system. And it's premium with no IAP! Now that's my kind of game. Sent my email ASAP

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    This looks good. I applied. Thanks in advance for any consideration.

6. Bronxsta

#6 Bronxsta, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
    @Whalenought_Joe
    Made a thread for Bridge to the Moon because god damn, a game this fun does not deserve to be overlooked.

7. whalenought_joe

Sep 25, 2013

Hey thank you so much Bronxsta! It was a ton of fun to work on, I hadn't had a lot of big updates due to it not really taking off, but it's a tight little package (with no iap, of course). Glad you enjoyed it!

8. Bronxsta

No problem. I have a thing for indies and under the radar games and have a soft spot for pixel art, especially the style you used. I'm definitely going to do a post about the games on my blog.

btw, I was reading the past journal blog entries and saw that originally the game was called Isle of Bones. Why the spelling change?

9. whalenought_joe

Sep 25, 2013
    I think my wife and I decided that sometime during the alpha stage while discussing the game at dinner out, probably drinking too much. But we came home and changed it with the logo in mind - the cross bones replacing the letter O. I think it gives it a kind of classic 90s PC game vibe, and thought it would be fun if the text reflects the logo design.

10. The Gamer Dude

The Gamer Dude Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Me too, the art reminds me of the first populous.

11. Zeldaniac

Zeldaniac Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2012
    This is the first game I've signed up to beta test which I can't pronounce :p

Looks quite good. Applied.

12. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Me like this game.
    Art beautiful to me.
    Me apply too.

13. The Gamer Dude

Aug 8, 2013
    Not to be too stupid, but how do you sign up for a beta test? I'd love to put this through its paces.

14. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
  15. whalenought_joe

Sep 25, 2013
    Beautiful.

16. whalenought_joe

Sep 25, 2013
    Destroy it. Thanks!

17. The Gamer Dude

Aug 8, 2013
    #17 The Gamer Dude, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    :) signing up.

Love the anti spam question 'are you human?'
    No I am classified as a meat Popsicle :)

18. The Gamer Dude

Aug 8, 2013