Apple Security Questions Help

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Hoggy110, Aug 21, 2013.

1. So earlier on tonight, I tried to purchase Asphalt 8. However, when I was just about to start the download, I got a pop-up stating me that I had to answer my security questions. Security questions which I set up over a year ago, that I've never been asked again, and which I have since forgotten about. Because of this, I cannot access my NZ iTunes account which has $26 on it. I did some researching and found out I could reset those security questions by sending an E-Mail to my rescue address through My Apple ID. However, that link exists nowhere on that site. Finally, I went to the customer support side of the website, but the page you go on to file the questions cannot be found at all

So basically, Apple has practically locked me out of my iTunes account with $26 in it with no way to get back in again...so does anyone here have any ways I can get back into my account, or have I lost $26 for no reason whatsoever?

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Have you checked this out?
    It's their own guidelines on what to do:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5665

I assume you've already seen it, but couldn't hurt to make sure, right?

3. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Someone may have a faster solution but you could write to [email protected] and see if they can help

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Okay i'm going to sound like your dad but...

I cant believe you cant remember them ! Arent the questions normally about first school you went to, best friend, town you were born in, first pet etc ?

5. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    Since it is a NZ not sure if it will work, but there are only two ways to do this.

Go to appleid.apple.com and hit manage apple ID. This presumes you know the password still. You can then hit the password and security tab and change the questions.

You could also go to expresslane.apple.com for customer support and they can reset the security questions. They might see that you are not really in NZ this way though.

6. I have seen all of the info on there beforehand

I'll try contacting that E-Mail and see if it helps

I have a fair idea of what they are, it's just I do not remember the exact wording

Apple ID requires me to answer my security questions in order to change them, and Express Lane is showing up as 'Page Not Found' for me

Thanks everyone for the help so far

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I always write random letters as answers. It always worked for me until Apple security asked me to answer them for no reason...

Learned my lesson.

@OP I wouldn't worry that much about those 26$, I'd worry more about all the purchased apps, that you can't redownload if you buy a new device. I hope that all works out for you though.

8. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    The option to reset your security questions should appear (possibly only if you're on iTunes on your computer) if you have set up a rescue email for that account (different from your Apple ID/login password). Your only other option, if you didn't set up a rescue email, would be to contact support: http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

9. Yeah, some quick maths in my head says that account probably has had $370 put into it...that's nearly what my iPod Touch cost...it would freaking suck if all of that were to have suddenly gone

I believe the Rescue E-Mail is acutually my Apple ID one (I tried I-Forgot seeing if that'll remove the problem and the E-Mail was sent to my Apple ID one) so the possibility of it only appearing on PC iTunes could be plausible...that's just silly not allowing it to be done on the devices you put the stuff you buy on though.

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Your rescue email cannot be the same as your ID email. The whole point is its a second one to verify your identity in case someone else gets your login credentials. In other words, someone gets your login info but doesn't know your security questions, there would be no point in sending to the email they already know.

11. Well, I guess there isn't one then

12. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    Try this, I just got it to load on my computer so this is the exact address:

https://expresslane.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    This is the dumbest thing I ever heard.

14. I've got that to load, but the solution it had suggested was the same goddamn website I've visited a hundred times before, so I guess I shall have to call them

Another stunning contribution by the famous Midian

15. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

First Step:

[​IMG]

Second Step:

[​IMG]

Choose Password and Security

Third Step:

[​IMG]

Click on the Send reset security info email to <[email protected]> Link and you will get an Mail that will tell you what you have to do to reset those Questions.

If you had at no point in the past added a Backup or Alternate Email Address you will have to call the Apple Support or sent them a Mail and ask for a Manual reset.

Warning:

Make sure that in this case you have all the Details you need since they might ask you a few Questions about the Account more or less only the Owner will know so if it`s an Account of an Friend of an Friend spare yourself the time in calling the Support since you won`t be able to request an Reset.

You can find the Contact Details for the NZ Apple Support here.

16. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #16 JBRUU, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
    Thanks a ton for that walkthrough, Sanuku. I've been having problems with my security questions, too.

And this is one of the most useless posts I've read in the past few days. No wonder you used to have 10k+ posts.

17. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Writing a post in order to say another post is useless is also pretty useless.