Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    I used to keep track of what people sent me for 2 reasons. First so that I could return a frog of like value and second because I would regift frogs and did not want to resend a frog :eek: (almost have to regift if you dex by breed and want to match value). As I got to breeding basically higher level frogs I figured it was not that necessary plus it was becoming more of a job than a game.

The way I look at it now, I will be breeding level 17-32 frogs. If someone stays a friend and we continue to gift they will end up with the a good array of frogs at all levels.

Hope you can find a system that works for you !

2. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    #25562 awboj, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    No it's YOU who is crazy carefree :D I am going to try and be more like that too, but dont see myself giving up spreadsheets! Maybe I should start playing with sound on too...

So just to make sure I understand, you start off by having 16 frogs as your breeding pool, then you interbreed all of them together just randomly until you finish a secondary, then introduce a new primary to take over from it? Etc. So if you don't have any frogs with a new primary you just clone an Anura or something? Are you checking the Froggydex after every mating to see if you got the combo you wanted as you go along?

3. Quossum

Quossum Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2010
    The Great State of Texas
    My gift notebook is pretty simple: as gifts come in, I write down the giver and frog on a scrap piece of paper. Then, when I'm ready to start reciprocating gifts, I turn to that person's page in my notebook, write down the frog they gave me, hyphen, then the frog I am giving them. A glance at the list will assure me I'm not giving them back the frog they gave me, or a duplicate of a frog I've already given them. Once I have to go to a new sheet of paper, no promises that I won't end up giving something from the past, as I don't go through and look at all the old sheets.

I usually don't mark any boxes on the breed's chart until I start dexing that breed. Now with the loss of my precious "NEW" for gifts, I'm thinking of doing what dean just mentioned and--*gulp*--go ahead and get them allllll ready. :eek:

–-Q

4. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Will send you a Lanterna this evening, probably in about an hour.

You need to send me a friend request thru GameCenter, my name is dean288367. I will accept your request and then I can send the Lanterna. If you GameCenter name is different than your forum name here be sure to put something about the Lanterna in the request so that I know it is you or post your GameCenter name on the thread :)

Nothing needed in return, enjoy :)

5. ParrotTesseract

ParrotTesseract New Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Awesome - thank you so much. I just sent the request, I think.

6. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    What you describe is exactly the way I'm doing it now and the toughest part is going back in my list to insure against resending the same frog.
    Maybe I'll just pick a "gift breed" of maybe level 28 and just send these as gifts.

7. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Request received, accepted and the little beady eyed guy is on his way :)

8. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Heh, we're all crazy :).

I breed to one primary with whatever else it needs to finish that primary, and then replace that one with a new primary of the same secondary, yes by anura means.

Definitely checking dex every time. Tap frog, tap breed, tap the frog to breed, then breed confirmation, then tap menu and dex ... you get rather quick at it lol, but it would be nice to have a live dex count in hab view!!

And if it's not a new one, I am pretty ruthless with straight up selling eggs, until I get low on coin, then I try to save the most valuable non-new ones. This morning I got my last 70 Spiras this way, but it cost over 2m coins and I ran out in the process, sold off all my breeders bar the last two I needed, potioned some really valuable eggs all the way, stamped some mail, and finally got my Yellow Cafea Spira to finish.

I used to sell scenery as well, but that just wastes too much time now with mad taming times. And that was actually before I got babyproofing too, so it wasn't as insane as it sounds.

9. ParrotTesseract

ParrotTesseract New Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Got him! You're the best!! :)

10. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    Here is my color wheel.

The way I do it is that I breed them in order by primary color but with only pattern 1. Then I breed the 7 which are not from pattern 1. I breed some first and then use one of the frogs which was created but with the pattern 1 to complete this color. After that I do the pattern 2. While I do the second pattern, I use the pattern 1 to make a new color wheel with another pattern. Then, when pattern 2 is completed, I start again with the new pattern 1 while I change my Pattern 2. Hope this is clear lol.

Here is the list and what they looks like.

Pattern 1

Red Albeo
    Yellow Viola
    Aqua Aurum
    Pink Callaina
    Violet Picea
    Beige Tingo
    Orange Bruna
    Green Floris
    White Cafea
    Golden Carota
    Lime Pruni
    Black Caleus
    Royal Muscus
    Tangelo Chroma
    Purple Folium
    Maroon Ceres

Pattern 2

Cocos Muscus
    Emerald Tingo
    Azure Floris
    Blue Folium
    Violet Albeo
    Marine Ceres
    Red Callaina
    Purple Aurum
    White Carota
    Golden Cafea
    Orange Caleus
    Beige Pruni
    Black Chroma
    Olive Bruna
    Tagelo Picea
    Glass Viola

[​IMG]

11. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    What is your GC ID? I have one ready if you still need it.

12. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Being new here, you are most kind to have waded through my novella & then to have proposed some suggestions based on my frustrations. I am grateful for all the perspective I can get, no matter how “new” to the forum a member might be. In fact, sometimes newer players can see things more clearly.

Prior to the release of the update I was beyond delighted for I knew there would be a wonderful infusion of new blood plus the return of previous players who had drifted away. I said something like the update would be like a steroid shot for the forum. So, no, I’m not overwhelmed by the people – they were anticipated & necessary to the ongoing health of this long-standing forum.

Nonetheless, you’re spot on when you speak of overwhelmed by the features as well as your comment about a “year’s worth of ideas in the pot at the same time” though I’d replace the word “ideas” with “frogs.” Few new ideas, IMO, (no Express Nursery, no larger catalog, no additional habs, bigger mailbox, etc.) were actually introduced. The only one I can point to, aside from GC, was the dreaded “potions for taming.” If NB were to take my suggestion & make this an *option*, it’d go a long way towards restoring my enjoyment of the game.

Your comment is most kind, Jerutix. It just may not jibe with my concept of what a forum member does.

And, indeed, that’s what I’m doing: stepping away & thinking. Trying to devise in my mind a way to rediscover the pleasure I once enjoyed so very much while finding a means to be fair to everyone & true to myself.

I so hope you’re right. What could help most immediately? NB fixing the needless explosion of “notifications” & making “potions for taming” an option. Not using the newer, more expensive frogs in Weekly Sets for quite a while. To do so now would split the users into the “haves” & the “have nots" -- bad idea. NB is to be commended for NOT having included them so far.

And that is precisely what I am trying to do: figure out what PF experience would give me the most pleasure while not gobbling up my free time or becoming a chore. If I want a chore, I can rake the lawn or take out the garbage.

Again, I thank you for your well-reasoned suggestions. They were much appreciated.

p.s.: I have reciprocated to all those who might not have read the forum or seen my status (NO GIFTING – PLEASE !!). At this point, I will NOT BE RECIPROCATING AT ALL, FOR ANYTHING.

p.p.s.: Half of finally redeemed Harvest Set sent out. Enjoy!

13. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Spira received, thank you :)

14. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Great. The delay seems to have reduced to just a couple of seconds as well :). Shame GC can't *just work*.

15. BlueWater27

BlueWater27 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    @ Spearcom: I know someone already claimed the Templum wheel, but if you have any spare Templums left after the wheel is gifted, could I have a few? Thanks; I'm almost done with Glacio and I'd like to take on one of the new breeds as my next dexing project. If you don't have spares, that's fine too. :)

Thanks to all of my awesome trading friends! I'll get the update on my iPod ASAP so I can finally scratch my itch to reciprocate.

A good night to all. :D-BW

16. BlueWater27

BlueWater27 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    I agree with you on that. It's hard to decide between Plus+ and GC; that is, which is the lesser of the two evils.:D

17. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    Got it thanks, I like this plan, going to try it when I'm finished Fortuno. Will send you a couple, just sell them (seeing as you're so poor :() and don't need to send back.

18. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    Thanks for the explanation, have copied your list. If MartiNZ's "royal rumble" is too disorganized for me I'm going with this.
    Sending fortunos, feel free to sell, no returns, thanks.

19. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    Your welcome and thanks for the frogs :)

20. Danjarus

Danjarus Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    thank you
    aqua fortuno & purple axis - sneeb
    glass tabula - heeranc
    tangelo fortuno - grace
    glass emblema - awboj
    black mustacium & 2 black forutunos - andi
    marine nebula - lisi
    emerald aceris - dean