12-18-2014, 02:05 AM
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 4,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by horizoniki View Post
Oh my god! The game just received a new update out of the blue. Full retina support now.
This is the best news for me this year, I love you R* Games.
Don't forget it's now Universal! Changing the thread title to reflect the change
12-18-2014, 02:15 AM
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 1,427
I bought the iPad version years ago, so i looked for the update. After reading the notes, i looked for the newly released version and i had the cloud symbol instead of the price in Euro.
Pressed it and it started downloading without asking if i want to purchase it.
Guess i got the new version for free.

12-18-2014, 02:26 AM
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 4,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by amusing Grace View Post
I bought the iPad version years ago, so i looked for the update. After reading the notes, i looked for the newly released version and i had the cloud symbol instead of the price in Euro.
Pressed it and it started downloading without asking if i want to purchase it.
Guess i got the new version for free.
That's awesome!

It looks like it was the iPhone version that became universal but Rockstar seems to have merged the seperate iPhone and iPad purchases so nobody get's left out.
12-18-2014, 02:32 AM
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 1,427
I have now the old HD and the new universal version on my iPad.
I took a screenshot of the storepage with the cloud symbol before i started the download, just to be one the safe side in case they want to charge me for the game.

And if this free and painless update to a new universal version is intended, then i have to applaud Rockstar for doing the right thing in a way that i haven't heard of before.

Last edited by amusing Grace; 12-18-2014 at 02:35 AM.
12-18-2014, 11:52 AM
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Philipines
Posts: 305
Supports mifi controllers, awesome

Gamecenter username: marker1c. Now playing: Xcom Enemy unknown, Shadowrun Returns, LASW
12-18-2014, 12:26 PM
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: RPG LOVERLAND
Posts: 1,317
Omg. I been waiting for this. well I wanted i cloud so I could play on iPhone 6+ and iPad air 2 but oh well. GTA CTW is my favorite out of the series the second being San Andreas

That's Prince Boss To You!
12-18-2014, 12:49 PM
Joined: May 2013
Location: Berlin
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by marker1c View Post
Supports mifi controllers, awesome
Impressions on this one?Now that it supports Controller and Retina i'm officially interested in a purchase.
12-18-2014, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Impressions on this one?Now that it supports Controller and Retina i'm officially interested in a purchase.
buy it. buy it. buy it.

64gig iPod Touch 5th Generation, iOS 8.1

128gig iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.1
12-18-2014, 01:01 PM
Joined: May 2013
Location: Berlin
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewelcome View Post
buy it. buy it. buy it.
i meant impressions about playing it with a controller,not the game itself
12-18-2014, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
i meant impressions about playing it with a controller,not the game itself
ah! i've got a steelseries stratus controller that's supposed to arrive in the mail today, so i’ll give it a thorough run and let you know by either tonight when i get back from work or early tomorrow (PST)

64gig iPod Touch 5th Generation, iOS 8.1

128gig iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.1