Basketball Showdown 2015

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Naquatic, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Naquatic

Naquatic Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    #1 Naquatic, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    Hey everyone! My brother and I are excited to announce Basketball Showdown 2015, coming on April 30th.

On top of all the online multiplayer excitement that you’d expect from a Showdown game, this one’s got a big new feature that people have been requesting for a long time: Teams!

Players can become coaches of their very own teams. Recruit other real players and compete against other teams for glory… also, prizes!

If anyone wants to try out the game early, let us know. We’re offering the best equipment in the game to whichever Touch Arcade team amasses the most wins between now and launch time. We saw some pretty fierce battles between the Good and Evil Touch Arcade clans in CivCrafter…let's keep it clean, everyone ;)

Edit 4/30: Just a heads up that we haven't been able to give out promo codes because of an iTunes bug that has rendered them all unredeemable. Apple is working on a fix, but it looks like it won't be solved before the game launches today. We're really bummed that this has prevented all of the usual Touch Arcade pre-launch festivities. If anyone still wants to get in a few extra hours of early access, please feel free to PM us an email address for a TestFlight invite. Otherwise, see you at launch time!

Match up against your friends, your enemies, or anyone worldwide in a head-to-head Basketball Showdown!

• TEAM UP •
    For the first time ever, become a coach of your very own team. Join up with friends and recruit real players to form an unbeatable squad. Then compete against other teams from around the world in weekly tournaments for huge prizes.

• ULTRA REALISTIC PHYSICS •
    The PhysKick™ Engine is back with a vengeance. Experience realism beyond any other basketball game on the planet. From the moment the ball leaves your fingertip to the time it spends rattling around the rim, everything is 100% physics based. Basketball Showdown 2015’s motion is based entirely on high fidelity measurements of real basketball mechanics.

• OUTMATCH YOUR OPPONENT •
    All new Boosts! Use 'em wisely to refine your next move, or steal them from your opponent to get a leg up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. EnterNexus

EnterNexus Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Oh God. Please please PLEASE tell me that this means it's possible there will be a whole team full of Diamond balls resulting from this.

3. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    A force to be reckoned with ;)

4. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I've had the pleasure of beta testing this game and I'm really excited for it to be officially released. I love the new "clan" for online teams and should make the online play even more exciting.
    I expect a great TA Group upon release.

Simply put, another quality game from Naquatic as we've come to expect from them. If you've played previous versions of Basketball Showdown, then you know what to expect with the addition of enhanced online multiplayer experience.

5. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Absolutely agree with this assessment.

Naquatic does an awesome job once again with a game you can just start playing and have quick fun with.

The physics are frustratingly/amazingly realistic :) it is is important to really figure out how you are shooting each time and adjust based on where you are at.

There really isn't another game that I've played that captures the pure shooting mechanic so well :D

6. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Thanks guys :). I fear for the poor souls who have to compete against the Touch Arcade team.

7. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Unless of course it's team TA 1 vs TA 2.... ;)

8. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Then everyone's a winner. Or a loser? One or the other ;)

9. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Been part of the beta testing and I must say, finally! Loving every minute of it, even though I suck badly, lol. Like a Naquatic games, polished and fun. Gsmeplay is simple, swipe to shoot, the harder the flick, the stronger the shot. So far playing only season mode, and I am 0'for, lol, but it's so much fun I keep coming back for more punishment.

In my mind I was wondering when and if they would make a basketball game, lol and behold, it's here! I can say that I honestly didn't run into any bugs yet, but just been playing season mode.

Highly recommended and coming from a respectable dev, you can be rest assured, high quality stuff, with plenty of time being wasted here, lol.

Thank you again Naquatic, keep on sucking my precious time away with great games!

10. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Thanks sugimulm! We had season difficulty set to the maximum (maximulm?) for a day or two in there...you might not be as bad as you think ;)

11. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    So, I gave this a go for awhile. I'm not huge into sports games. I dig them once in awhile, but I've always liked shootout games or games like the old Paper Toss. There was a lot more to this than I expected. I like the little RPG elements in it and the teams you can create/join. I really dug how you could buy different balls and each one had its own stats. It's a Naquatic game, so of course it has a lot of polish, so I won't go into that, but I was really impressed at all the game had to offer.....and that's coming from somebody who really isn't into sports style games. I'd say if you dig shootout style games, you can't go wrong with this. I think most people in the TA forums usually just download Naquatic games without thinking anyway. They have a great reputation here.

12. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Thank you so much NOEN!!

13. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Ah I see, lol. I think I still suck, but loving the game so much that I keep on trudging through. You guy make great games, but this one is top on my list, still enjoying after getting creamed by the CPU, lol. Btw, loved the pun, lol!

14. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    Still any chance for playing this before rls?:)

15. FRnchFRy

FRnchFRy Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    I was told they are having problems with promo codes and such. You could probably ask for a test flight version though.

16. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Well I'm glad you like it despite the beatdowns :)

Yea, we're in touch with Apple about this. They're stumped, but working on it. Check your PMs!

17. JayZX

JayZX Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Writer
    Secret
    Does it have multiplayer mode?

18. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Big time. Multiplayer is the central feature of our Showdown games :).

19. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    torally addicted to this one, smooth gameplay and nice graphic layout. devs, please check your inbox, i hv sent you guys some advice to make it better. thanks

20. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Thank you so much Steven, I'm glad you like it! I've sent you a response.