Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-16-2014, 03:18 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sorry - delayed response on 1.1

Overall the game is much better. More variety in enemy types is very welcome, and makes the game more challenging.

Nerfing the jump and cannon was a good choice - previously once you had the jump beefed up a bit you could play until you got stuck, then either jump to the other side of ships (if you've retreated to the lower-left-hand corner) or jump to the exit if things really looked bad.

I think you nerfed the cannon a bit too much - with the inclusion of the ship you can't move next to, I'd recommend increasing it by one hex.

I was hoping to see some ships that fired along the "/" direction, those would really mix things up - right now the best strategy is still to move along the bottom of the map since the ships focus on "-" and "\" directions.

The new clear hexes look great, colored with a ship in them is a good compromise for viability. One thing that you might want to look at is now some of the backgrounds have an asteroid sitting in the middle of a hex (that was once opaque) and look like one of the asteroids that affect the game, which threw me off guard a few times. If you need a screenshot, I can provide one. Either move the asteroid(s) or lighten them up so they look like they're just background.

Good update to a fun (but previously too easy) game!
Old 09-17-2014, 05:55 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Sorry - delayed response on 1.1

Overall the game is much better. More variety in enemy types is very welcome, and makes the game more challenging.

Nerfing the jump and cannon was a good choice - previously once you had the jump beefed up a bit you could play until you got stuck, then either jump to the other side of ships (if you've retreated to the lower-left-hand corner) or jump to the exit if things really looked bad.

I think you nerfed the cannon a bit too much - with the inclusion of the ship you can't move next to, I'd recommend increasing it by one hex.

I was hoping to see some ships that fired along the "/" direction, those would really mix things up - right now the best strategy is still to move along the bottom of the map since the ships focus on "-" and "\" directions.

The new clear hexes look great, colored with a ship in them is a good compromise for viability. One thing that you might want to look at is now some of the backgrounds have an asteroid sitting in the middle of a hex (that was once opaque) and look like one of the asteroids that affect the game, which threw me off guard a few times. If you need a screenshot, I can provide one. Either move the asteroid(s) or lighten them up so they look like they're just background.

Good update to a fun (but previously too easy) game!
Thanks for the feedback.
* Nerfing the cannon to level 4 helps keep the game challenging
* Moving along the bottom? Gotta check it out!
* As for enemies with / pattern, I implemented one while creating the update, but it was too easy to kill such enemies by moving in from the top left. I will revisit the enemies after I achieve a good milestone in sales. Perhaps after a 1000 copies.
* Asteroids in the background: I understand your point. However, this is one item that I might not address since I would need to create a copy of the background with zero asteroids & that is no easy task!

Since most of the players on this TA forum are having fun with Assault Vector, I request everyone to please leave a stellar review on the App Store & help me with the game's visibility in any way you can.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:15 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Default New trailer

Hello gamers,
I created a new trailer for the game. Take a look & let me know your feedback.

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 09-26-2014, 08:15 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Anybody looking for a strategy fix this weekend?
Old 09-29-2014, 07:09 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Default Price Drop!

Assault Vector is now available for $0.99 (USD). Grab it now!

Old 10-01-2014, 03:13 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Default iPhone 6/6+

Do you own an iPhone 6 or 6+?
Can you tell me how the game looks on these devices & whether there are any bugs?
I will provide you with a promo code for Assault Vector in case you are interested.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:54 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Waiting for a 6+, when it gets here I will let you know - no promo code needed.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:22 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Waiting for a 6+, when it gets here I will let you know - no promo code needed.
Cool!
Old 10-15-2014, 07:13 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Default Perplexed!

As gamers, how do you come to know about games worthy of your time?
Is it through reviews on sites like TA, via recommendations from people you know or via the App Store pages?

To be honest with everybody, Assault Vector is now lost under all the apps & games on the App Store. Sales have trickled down to zero & I am just wondering what to do next. I have tried advertisements but people just don't click on ads anymore!