Forgot the name of this great game...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Satlas, May 28, 2014.

1. Satlas

Satlas New Member

May 28, 2014
    Hi all,

I've been looking everywhere to find this ios game from a few years back. I've totally forgotten the name of the game, and haven't had luck taking the obvious measures to find it again (I periodically purge my phone of games, searching my App Store history has been fruitless, and googling/searching TA with keywords has been fruitless.) So I am hoping the good people of this forum might remember the name of this game.

Here's what I remember about the game, which has an unusual game mechanic. You duel an opponent for control of a grid. Prior to the duel, you set a sequence of moves in place (e.g. move forward, turn right, attack, plant a seed which becomes a new unit). Then the pattern you defined duels the opponent's pattern, and the simulation runs until equilibrium. The goal is to fill more than 50% of the grid. Then after the match you compete against harder AI, or human-posted patterns of the leaderboard. The game reminds me strongly of Conway's Game of Life, but with battling algorithms. Does this game sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks much for your help.

Atlas

2. Siked

Siked Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2012
    It sounds like maybe Real Racing 3, or it could be Table Top Racing. Give those two a look as it may be one of those.

3. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    #3 AlexsIpad, May 28, 2014
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
    Lol what?

By the way I have no idea sorry :/. Only thing it sounds sort of similar to is Letterpress??

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Under the updates tab in App Store there is a "purchased" option to review apps you previously had... maybe that would help.

5. Satlas

Satlas New Member

May 28, 2014
    Found it!

Thanks undead cow- that was a great suggestion. I forgot I used to have a different App Store login, and I searched that and found it.

Survivium, great little game. TA info about it is here, in case others are interested.

6. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    This function became difficult for me now that I have over 1600 apps in my backlog. I have found that using AppShopper to track and rate my purchases has helped me to keep track of my favorites from years past.

7. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Try managing over 5000 apps. ;)

8. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    1600? 5000?!?

All of a sudden I don't feel so bad about my appaholism, as it seems minor in comparison.

9. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Anyone with less than 1500 has a casual relationship with games. I tend to use my Purchased tab as my back catalog, then I hide all the junk I've downloaded or games I know I will never play again (which is most things). I think I have about 200 in purchased and about 3000 in hidden. Sometimes I buy stuff I apparently already had! (So it's free!)

10. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #10 undeadcow, May 30, 2014
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
    Good suggestion with AppShopper, will review. I agree this function is cumbersome with long load times... but if you have the patience to scroll through stuff then some older gems might stand out for you. I spent about an hour going through purchase history and enjoyed it.