Grand Theft Auto 3 - New iPad Tweaks

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PrayForDeath, May 12, 2012.

1. PrayForDeath

PrayForDeath Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    #1 PrayForDeath, May 12, 2012
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
    I have read this thread and have already applied all the tweaks to get better graphics. However, I'm wondering if there's any tweaks that would take advantage of the new iPad's hardware?

I'm looking mainly for:

• Increased resolution (possibly 2048x1536)
    • High res textures (new iPad has 1GB RAM)
    • Anything else that might improve the look of the game

Does anyone if any of this is possible?

Update: I managed to turn on AA (anti-aliasing) to smooth jaggies by changing the 0x676 offset from 80 to FF.

Alternatively, you can just download this file to get the same effects.

Here are some screenshots for comparison (downsized because 2048x1536 is too big):

AA off

[​IMG]

AA on

[​IMG]

2. freemini

freemini Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Stavanger, Norway
    And where would you get the high res textures from? It may contain them, it's the same game/files as the Windows version. I don't think anyone except R* can though.

3. AppleFan12

AppleFan12 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    Only the android version of GTA III has lots of options to change resolution etc

4. PrayForDeath

PrayForDeath Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    See update in OP.

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Just posted a list of mods for A5 and a5x devices here. There's not much you can do to push the new iPad to its limit for gta 3. It's an old game that doesn't tax it like nova 3 does. And 2048x1536 isn't going to happen. It's a ps2 game from 2001, over 10 years ago. That's eternity in tech. Here's about the max you can do, except some other things like flyable helicopters and gang war mods which I have yet to try out.

Real gta does work for ios, unfortunately, as it's an installer, not a package of individual files.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=117393